Chapter 6; The Family Business

Miley's p.o.v

Justin didn't say anything the whole car ride home, and neither did Aussie. I was freaking out on the inside. I didn't know what I would do if they found me. They would kill me, and I knew that. A part of me knew that I would always be safe. The guys had made that very clear, but I was still afraid. Once we pulled into the driveway I let out a sigh of relief. Justin grabbed my bags and walked them upstairs to my room.

"Here you go." He said placing them all on my bed.

"Thank you for everything. You didn't have to buy all this stuff for me." I said gesturing towards all the bags.

"It's not a problem." He said with a light smile. "Don't worry about the guy you saw. We will most likely be leaving town, and starting somewhere fresh soon." He said walking out of the room.

I got cleaned up and walked down stairs. Nobody was down there so I laid on the couch. I didn't realize how tired I was, and I slowly fell asleep.

"Miley," I heard someone say while shaking me awake. When I woke up I saw Justin sitting on the couch by me.

"Hey," He said.

"Hey," I said sitting up.

"You should go get packed up." He said standing up.

"What?" I asked.

"We are leaving tonight. We want to make sure that they don't find us." He said helping me up.

"When are we leaving?" I asked.

"In an hour or so" He said walking up the stairs I followed behind.

"I have some extra suit cases for you in my room." He said walking to his room. Opening his door he walked inside. It was a big room right next to mine. He had a big bed, a TV and office space. "Here," he said grabbing two suit cases for me.

I took the suit cases to my room, and packed up everything I had. I put the suit cases outside of my door. I saw that Justin's door open.

"Do you need any help?" I asked walking inside his room.

"Sure. I kind of hate packing." He chuckled. "Oh, I got you something" He said grabbing something from his desk.

"An iPhone. It's encrypted so it's safe to use. You have all of our numbers, and you have a bunch of music. Just in case something happens or whatever." He said handing me the phone.

"Wow thanks!" I said smiling. "Justin, you are so kind to me. Thank you." I said giving him a hug. My arms wrapped around his neck, and his arms wrapped lightly around my waist. He pulled me closer to him hugging me tightly. My body started tingling at the feeling, I liked it.

"We should probably get this packing done." He said pulling away. He looked around the room. I laughed as I started folding his clothes, and packing the rest of his things.

"Do you want to ride with me or Aussie?" He asked after he was finished packing.

"Can I ride with you?" I asked.

"Yeah," He said with a smile. I grabbed my phone and followed him down the stairs. He put his and my suit cases in his car.

"Grab a blanket and a pillow. It is a long drive." He said. I grabbed some stuff for the road and put it in the car.

"Is everyone ready?" Alex asked once everyone was outside. We all nodded. "Is everything cleaned up?" He asked looking at Zach and Aussie. They nodded. "Alright, everyone knows who they are riding with. Let's get on the road." He said walking to his car. We were taking four different cars.

"Make sure to have cover stories and follow the route I assigned each of you." He said before getting in his car. I got into Justin's car, and he was the first to speed off.

"What's our cover story?" I curiously asked.

"Newly married couple, going on a road trip for their honey moon." He said with a smiled and laugh.

"How fun." I laughed.

"We have the longest route, sadly." He said.

"This should be fun." I smiled looking out the window. We were now somewhere on the highway.

"I'm glad you chose to ride with me instead of Aussie." He said. I could tell he was smiling by the sound of his voice.

"Well, I like being around you. I am comfortable around you too." I said looking over at him.

"I am glad to hear that." He smiled. "So you are opening up to me more." He said still smiling.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

"Yes, I do trust you." I said without thinking. We had grown closer to each over the past week. I felt comfortable around him. I felt like myself again. Although, I didn't know much about him. He knew a good bit about me.

"Wow...so I earned your trust." He said and looked over at me.

"You did." I replied. "There are things that I would like to know about you though." I said looking over at him.

"Like what?" He asked.

"What's your story?" I asked. I was curious at what made him tick.

"Well, I am Justin Drew Bieber... I have a sister, Sam Elizabeth Bieber. Our parents died when we were younger, so it is just us now. Alex kind of took care of us when our parents died. He was a close friend to my mother and father, and the only person that I really trusted. Zach and Aussie came along after a few years, and we have all lived together for a long time. I worked for Alex, along with Zach and Aussie. We took care of shipments that came in to the local port. It got sort of dangerous when I was 17. We became enforcers...if anyone stole from anybody we were the people who were paid to take care of whatever happened. We became a pretty well known gang. Martin came around when we needed help with getting more weapon shipments. He started to live with us shortly after. We grew to trust him, and he kind of keep our mind set on the right things." He spilled.

"When Martin started catching feelings for my sister, I wasn't so happy. I almost killed him. Sam was pissed at me. She really cared about him. I realized I would rather her be happy and be with someone I know and trust then someone else." He said his eyes never leaving the road in front of him.

"That is interesting, but that isn't really your story." I said. "I want to know what makes you tick." I reasoned.

"That is something I am not so sure how to answer." He sighed.

"I know I look sort of tough on the outside but that's because, like you, I have walks up. Trust is something that is earned. I have trusted people in my life that I shouldn't have. When my parents died, I was 15. It was strange because they were young. They died too soon and that made me think it wasn't an accident." He sighed.

"Turns out my two uncles, and everyone in the family teamed up against them. My mom and dad had Sam and me to look after. They were tired of the family business, and they wanted out. My uncle's wouldn't let them just leave the family business easily, so they killed them." He said. I could tell by the tone in his voice, it wasn't something he was happy about.

"What exactly was the family business?" I asked.

"You might not want to know, but you deserve to." He sighed looking over at me.

"Mike and Malcom...they are my uncles." He said. I felt my stomach drop.