Chapter 21; I don't want to be here

Miley's p.o.v

"It was nice of Justin to let us crash here." Zach said entering the kitchen.

"Sure," I said. My throat was still horse, and my body was weak. My emotions were all over the place, and I could barely think straight let alone breath calmly.

"He told me about Mike and the rest of them. Are you okay?" Zach asked standing next to me.

"Yeah, I am fine." I lied. "I think I am going to go to sleep now." I said grabbing my luggage I started up the stairs case.

"I will show you to your room." Justin said walking up behind me. He grabbed my bag and lead the way. "Here you go" Justin said opening the bedroom door. The room was nice and big, and there looked to be a balcony.

"Wow," I said my mouth wide open.

"Make yourself at home." He said placing my bags on the bed.

"Damn, you sure have a nice place here, Justin." Zach said standing in the doorway.

"Thanks," He said bowing his head. "Since you are both here. I just want you guys to do me a favor, and stay inside the house. I don't want you guys out in public. I do not want them to find out from anybody that you are in town. That could put all of our lives in jeopardy, including my sister. Right now, we have a treaty, and I need to complete my end of the deal." He pleaded looking at both me and Zach.

"Okay, I know how important this is. I will stay here, inside" Zach assured.

"Miley," He said looking at me.

"What?" I asked raising my eyebrows. "I am not going anywhere." I said rolling my eyes. I hated the feeling that was rising in my stomach.

"This isn't a fucking joke." Justin said grabbing the top of my neck and chin his eyes went wide as he looked down at me. "Stop with the fucking attitude." He spat letting go of me. He quickly walked out of the room and Zach followed. I shut and locked the door behind them.

I collapsed to my knees once they had left the room. This whole day had turned to shit the moment Justin opened his mouth. Maybe I was wrong to track him down. He didn't want anything to do with me, and that was something that made me sick. He didn't want me here, and at this point, I didn't want to be here.

Justin's p.o.v

"What the hell was that?" Zach asked once we were down stairs. anger was apparent in his tone.

"What do you mean?" I asked brushing him off.

"Look, I know you are pissed, and I get it. Just don't take it out on Miley. She has been through a lot over the past few years. She wanted to track you down, and she wanted to talk to you. You may not want her here, but you need to know that she went through a lot to be here." Zach pushed. He was good with his words, and he always knew exactly what to say.

"Okay, well excuse me if I don't take advice from you." I spat walking away.

"What the hell is your problem?" He said spinning me around. "I know we have had our issues, but I have always been on your side. I don't understand why you hate me so damn much." He pressed.

"I don't really care whether or not we have history together. You have Miley, so enjoy it." I smiled evilly.

"Wait, what?" He almost laughed. "Is that what this is about? Miley?" He sighed. "After everything that happened with you leaving. The whole gang broke up, and Miley had left long before that happened. I was the only person who knew because she took my car. I had a tracker on it, so I tracked her down. Martin had made a promise to keep Miley safe, and at the time he was busy dealing with Sam, so he asked that I find her." He started.

"I did what he asked. She was living in some small town in the middle of the desert. She had hit rock bottom, she had nothing, and she had nobody. I helped her get back on her feet. I made sure she got a job, and that she went back to school. I made sure she took self-defense class, and that there was an alarm system in her apartment. I knew how much she meant to you, and I made sure that she was safe." He breathed. He looked angry at what I was implying.

"She became a sister to me. She opened up to me, and I opened up to her. I never once made a move on her. I didn't have feelings like that towards her. She has been through a lot, and I don't like the way you are treating me or her. I swear to god if you ever lay a hurtful hand on her again, I will kill you. I shouldn't have to assure you that there is nothing going on, and you should already know that. She came here, she asked me to help her find you because she wanted to see you." He was getting angrier at the second.

"In case you wanted to know, I am in a relationship with someone back home. So you have nothing to worry about." He said before walking away.

I had been harsh with Miley, but I felt that I had the right to. Once I saw her, all those old feelings came rising up and it scared me. She actually wanted to see me and that scared me. I should have never hurt her, or thought that she was with Zach. I just couldn't help myself. I always seem to think negatively when something good starts to happen. I was scared to let her back into my world. It was my job to keep her safe, and maybe keeping her out of my world was my unique way of making sure she was safe.

Right now, I couldn't focus on Miley. I needed to devote my attention to winning this case. I needed these guys out of my town, and I needed them to leave my sister, Miley, and me alone, for good.