Chapter 8; Friendship

Miley's p.o.v
"Miley," I heard Justin say.
"Miley," He said again.

"Hmmmm." I said moving slightly.

"We are going to pull over for a little while. I need some sleep. We will get back on the road in the morning." He said as we pulled into a hotel parking lot. "Don't forget; we are married." He said as he parked the car.

He went inside, and got us a room. We grabbed some of our things before going to our room. We had to share a bed, and I honestly wasn't sure how I felt about that.

"I can take the couch." Justin said looking over at me.

"No, its fine. You need the rest. Plus, you have been driving all night." I said walking to the bathroom.

I didn't want to share a bed, but it wasn't going to kill me.

"Are you sure you are okay with sharing the bed?" He asked after we had both changed.

"It's fine," I said climbing under the sheets of the bed. He did the same.

After a while I heard him start to snore. I rolled over to face him. He looked peaceful, and content as he slept. I watched as his chest rose and fell. I hadn't noticed that he was shirtless until now. I wanted to move the blankets, so I could see what he looked like. That just seemed wrong since he was sleeping. His hair was all messy making him look even more sexier. I was surprised at myself because of my thoughts about him. He was hot, and my body wanted him. I was getting a growing feeling that it wasn't just my body.

The thoughts running through my mind at this point were not clean. I never had sex, and actually enjoyed it. I was always forced to do things that others enjoyed, and never really did anything I enjoyed. God my thoughts are only getting me in trouble at this point.

Justin rolled over close to me, and I stayed still. I didn't want to move. His arm slowly wrapped around my waist, and I still stayed there. A part of me just wanted this feeling. After a while I drifted to sleep.

Justin's alarm started to go off. I felt him slowly stir awake from under me. Opening my eyes I realized I was practically on top of him, and his arms were tightly wrapped around my waist.

"Hey," He said looking at me. Feeling his chest rise then fall beneath me made my stomach tingle. It was odd because this didn't feel awkward, or even uncomfortable.

"Hey," I said looking up at him. He smiled at me making me smile back.

"We should probably get going." He said pulling me up closer to his face. He placed his soft lips on my cheek, and kissed me. When he got up I saw he was only wearing a pair of sweat pants. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His back looked so strong and toned. His arms were covered in tattoos. When he turned around I noticed how toned he really was. He had abs and tattoos scattered all over his body. I liked how rough he looked. I watched closely as he put a white V-neck on. His arms were so big that they filled the sleeve of the shirt.

"You gonna stare at me the whole time, or actually get ready to leave?" I looked away getting my things, and rushing to the bathroom. I was embarrassed that he had caught me staring like that. I got dressed fast putting another one of his jackets on, and a pair of shorts that Sam had given me. I didn't bother to put makeup on. I threw my hair up, and walked out. Justin was completely dressed. He had put a hoodie and jeans on. He had an interesting type of style. I gathered my things before checking out.

"I want to just get right back on the road. Are you cool with drive-thru food?" He asked once we were in the car.

"That's fine with me." I was glad he didn't bring up the fact that he caught me staring at him.

"Alright," He started the car up and drove off. "Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"Yeah, actually I did." I nodded.

"You weren't uncomfortable were you?" He asked looking over at me.

"No, I was fine. I actually slept really well." I said, again.

"Okay. I am sorry for how we woke up. I just liked the feeling of you heart beat." He said looking over at me, and then back on the road. Before I could reply he pulled into a drive thru. "What do you to eat?"

"Whatever you get is fine." I replied.

He ordered for both of us, and then drove up to the window to pick it up. We ate our food, and talked a little.

"I guess road trips make you sleepy." He said with a laugh. I was starting to slowly fall asleep.

"I guess so," I said. I brought my knees to my chest, and slowly fell back asleep.

"When you wake up, hopefully we will be there." He said right before I drifted.

I started to dream about Justin. He was fogging my mind, and I didn't understand why. He seemed to be perfect. My mind told me no, but my body wanted him. I just wasn't ready for a real relationship. This trip was showing a side of Justin that I hadn't seen before, in any man. He was being honest, and genuine with me. He wasn't like his uncle's, or any of the other men I had been with. He seemed to encourage me, and inspire me. I was starting to truly value our friendship.

The last person I thought that with was Carl, Mike's son. When I turned 16 Carl started to have sex with me. He treated me different. He didn't force me, and I didn't fight him. He looked out for me in a way, but he was a lot like his father. I started to grow feelings for him, and for a while it seemed he grew feelings for me. At the end of the day, Carl would do whatever his father said, and he pushed me to the side. He told me he didn't want me. That was hard because I had feelings. After that, Mike forced me to sleep with guys I didn't even know. Once I got over Carl I learned to build a wall to any man that came near me.

I shouldn't be comparing Carl to Justin. The only reason I am comparing Justin to Carl is because they are the only men that I let past my walls. Justin and Carl had nothing in common with one another. My mind still told me to be careful. Right now, I know that I can't handle a relationship. I wasn't ready, not yet at least.