02.

(UNTIL GRADUATION)

(UNTIL GRADUATION)

Now that summer is over and classes have started again, I must, regrettably, learn all about Lia's new crush that she had while I was away in Hawaii.

Her squeals penetrate my ears as I return to reality. "Then he asked what I was wearing, and what I was wearing wasn't pleasant, so I just said a t-shirt with no undies, and he freaked out," She giggles. "Boys are so gullible sometimes."

"Are you even paying attention, Aurora?" She asks as she slaps her long nails in my direction.

I instantly want to tell her I don't care, but I have to keep up appearances with the popular kids until graduation. Then I'll be able to start my internship at Westbrook-Attlia.

"Yeah," I tell her, rolling my eyes mentally, "I'm listening."

I observe her as she straightens her hair and checks her make-up. "Two o'clock," she says, twisting her index finger around one of the stands of the curly mess she calls her hair.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I have no idea what you're talking about?"

She groans before speaking once again, "Right in front of me," she mutters as she places the brightest smile on her face.

I turn to face the entrance of the school, and there he is, Christian Westbrook, in all his obscurity.

On the inside, he wears a white long-sleeve button-up shirt, and on the exterior, a black blazer. The pocket blazer is emblazoned with the school's crest. To complete the look, he wears black tailored trousers and a white, mustard yellow, and black striped tie, with perfectly polished black shoes.

His eyes are dark brown, and his hair is jet black with slight curls that lighten up the natural colour of his hair. His hair appears to be longer than usual, almost meeting his eyes; he has a sharp but subtle jawline, small but noticeable freckles are scattered across his face and he always wears a small beaded necklace around his neck. Even though jewellery is not allowed.

His hands remain in his pocket, and he walks past everyone, including Lia.

"God, he's such an asshole," she scoffs, and I shake my head as I laugh softly at her remarks.

"I'll talk to you later, kay?"

Just then, she turns on her heels before following behind him. I shake my head.

Another year of her trying.

When Avery finally enters, I sigh at her outfit. She wears our uniform a little differently.

Her skirt is the same length as mine—short. But not too short; her shirt falls out over her skirt while mine is tucked in, she foregoes the tie entirely and opts for white knee-high socks. She also takes off her blazer.

"Can you believe that guard stopped me?" she says in an unbelievable tone.

"You do realise you follow none of the school rules," I chuckle.