05.

(SO IT BEGINS)

(SO IT BEGINS)

I despise this school, these students, these teachers. My grades are dramatically low, and my will to live is drastically lower.

Though my bike gives me a rush of something to live for, I now have a lot more addictive activity to keep myself entertained.

Most days I'd let something like this go but for now I'll be a different Christian, the one who isn't scared to do something like this. The one who takes and doesn't care.

Aurora's little beach stunt. I could let the two hundred dollars burn for all I care, but the enjoyment I get from aggravating her could be the finest two hundred dollars I've ever spent.

And knowing Aurora Pierce, you can't order her to do anything. If I still know her as well as I did when we were younger, she's just as obstinate. She enjoys proving a point, but she doesn't realize that I'll go to great lengths to prove mine as well.

When I come up to her table, I notice books spread carelessly across it; she's clearly trying to be the best, but I'm sure she already is. As she writes something in her notebook, I close her laptop and the textbook on the table.

"You just keep bugging, don't you?" She inquires. Her hazel eyes are fixated on me, and irritation is visible behind those sparkling eyes.

"I'm just giving you one last reminder, love," I tell her.

"Christian, seriously leave me alone,"

Just as the words leave her lips, multiple phones buzz, prompting the librarian to urge everyone to turn off their notifications. Almost everyone takes out their phones to see what the notification is but she doesn't.

Laughter immediately fills the air, prompting the librarian to silence everyone once more. A few heads shift in our direction, and all eyes are drawn to her for a few seconds before turning around. It's so simple to entertain high school students, yet this is just the beginning.

"You should get that," I tell her.

She rolls her eyes, picks up her phone and swiftly clicks on the notice, which she recognizes as coming from our school app. It is addressed to all Blackwood Academy students anonymously. No email is attached. No names. No anything.

Fun fact of the day

Aurora Pierce once peed in front of her entire class and the room smelled for days.

I notice her face turning pale as her fingers move against the screen attempting to remove it, but it's impossible. I'm sure I see flames in her eyes as her gaze meets mine.