30.

(ONE LAST TIME)

(ONE LAST TIME)

I took so much pictures at the ceremony that my storage was almost full when we got to the reception. It was only a small Cannon camera I had carried with me but the quality was the best.

After everyone had made their speeches, and the main couple, Ava and Dave danced on the floor, I finished taking pictures.

While I watch everyone on the dance floor, Christian gets up and extends his hand towards me. "May I have this dance?"

"Sure," I smile as I take his hand.

He helps me up and guides me towards the dance floor before coming to a stop. He places one of his hands around my waist and the other takes my hand as I place my palm on the back of his shoulder.

He takes the lead, slowly swaying and I follow his movements. I wasn't exactly one to slow dance but I guess I can make an exception this once.

"How are the pictures going?" He asks, his voice so low it's almost inaudible.

"Good so far, I just hope she likes them," I say.

He rests his forehead on mine, his lips inches away from mine, "I'm sure she will, love,"

Looking up at his eyes I finally let my curiously get the best of me, "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" He whispers.

"Call me love,"

He opens his mouth to speak but hesitates before spinning me around. He pulls back in, wrapping his arm around my waist again before saying, "I mean it,"

My brows furrow a bit and I place my hand on his chest, "What are you talking about?"

"The first time when we're thirteen, I thought those feelings could be relinquished," he says, pulling me closer and it feels like my chest tightens all over again.

"I wore your name around my neck everyday since the day I took it, because—" he pauses, taking a deep breath as he rests his head on mine again.

"I've never stopped liking you Aurora, and I think suppressing my emotions all this time have made me realize it's not just that,"

My heart is beating too fast for my chest and his words are surrounding my mind like water surrounds a sunken ship in the ocean. The vibrations are violent, matching the beats in my chest.

"Aurora, my love, you are an everlasting torment that lingers beyond the point of respite within my mind,"

"Yet, without you my life would be hallow shell of existence." He says, "While you may be my greatest curse, you're also my salvation,"