Author's Note: Depression

So I know to say it's been a hot minute since I last updated would be an understatement. This work has NOT been abandoned, and I will continue this story as soon as possible. 

The long and short of it is that I have fallen into a bad depressive episode, which has been going on for several months at this point. I pretended it didn't exist, that I was okay, because I desperately wanted  to be okay. I felt ashamed at the idea that after I had come so far, I was backsliding to the point where I couldn't function on a basic level. 

But I am done pretending I don't have a problem. I won't apologize for being absent, because I am accepting that a lot of this is out of my control, and I want to convey that, for any of you who are suffering, you have nothing to apologize for either. I haven't yet started therapy, because quite frankly, finding good therapists who are accepting patients is hard. But I will be returning to therapy, and I am on the path to healing. 

I can't promise that I will be updating soon, because right now I need to focus on my own recovery, and I am not going to stress myself out to write. Writing is going to stay an activity that I can enjoy, and that means not pushing myself. 

Know that I still love you all, and I would love to hear from you. I am praying for you, and if there is something specifically I can pray for, please let me know! My inbox is always open, and I will respond if you are experiencing any kind of distress. You are very important to me, and if I can help you heal in anyway, I will. 

Thank you for staying with me and understanding. I probably won't be better in the next week, or the next month, but I will get better, because this fight is too important. And I promise that I won't lose.