why this is not fanfiction

What classifies as fanfiction can be confusing when it comes to revisiting classics. These kind of stories tend to fall into outside genres, often not necessarily having to do with the original author's universe, and rather revisiting old themes and shedding a new light on them in light of the 21st century. 

You are free to hold your own opinion on this. I prefer not to place my story into fanfiction, simply because placing this story in the same topic as "Harry Style's Daughter" does not speak to the style, themes, and most importantly, the purpose of writing this story (I made up this title, any Wattpad stories with this title is purely coincidental). 

Furthermore, this story does not so much build on the original Anne of Green Gables universe--or even truly rely on it--but rather I choose to place characters and names inside my story, partially out of irony, partially to create a parallel between reality and fantasy. 

In the end, all stories build off each other. There are no new stories, just different ways of telling and different personalities telling them. 

Of course, genre doesn't truly matter. I place this story in teen fiction, but if you prefer to think of this story as fanfiction, that is perfectly okay! I just want to thank you for even picking up this story.