Chapter Fifteen (Part One)

A/N Hello my favorite people! So why is chapter fifteen divided in two parts? Mostly because it is pretty long and this makes it easier to read on Wattpad, but at the same time it doesn't make sense to actually separate it into different chapters. Thanks so much for reading! Don't forgot to star, comment and follow if you enjoy this story. It means the world to me! (Also, does anyone else ever feel like youtubers when they write that?) 

Even though the sky was cloudy and grey, and the sun could only be seen in between peeps of clouds, that surprisingly didn't reflect Anne's mood. She was still starry eyed from that night on the beach, and for once Aquatica was nothing more than a friend to wave at rather than a dark entity to join. She felt as light as the flowy blue tank top she wore, with daisies dispersed across it. She would have to put on a cardigan when she got to the school, but as she walked with Charlie and Diana, she reveled in the feeling of the sun fall on her near naked shoulders and neck.

The school was a bit of a walk, but Anne had been able to convince Samantha into letting her go because the day was beautiful and the view was prettier. Technically, Charlie lived further inland than the street on which the Barry's and Green Gables resided, but that didn't stop the pig headed boy from choosing to hike across town to join the two girls. True, his hair was perhaps a bit more ruffled than usual, but Anne couldn't help but pay attention to his mischievous smile and the boyish sparkle in his eye.

Charlie slipped his arms into both Anne's and Diana's, his lips turning up into a crooked grin as he glanced between his feminine companions. "Okay, so hear me out..."

"No." Diana emphatically shook her head, endangering the messy bun that perched on top of her head, with wisps of hair gathering around her face. Anne patted the top of her own head, ensuring her own messy bun, which Diana had convinced her to wear, was on still intact. It was, and she smiled. "What is it?" She asked, her good mood leaving her more charitable than usual.

"Don't encourage him!" Diana said, reaching across Charlie to playfully slap Anne's arm. "Whatever it is, it's a bad idea!"

"Wow, wow, wow! And who's idea was it to decide to hang out with Pye and company on a Friday night? Friday, when I could have been doing something better, which would be literally anything else!"
"Really?" Diana said, rolling her eyes. "You'd rather do homework?"

"It's an expression. Anything else never actually means homework. But," Charlie said, choosing not to let the roll of his best friend's eyes deter him, "here's the thing. Since Josie didn't go crying home to her mom, that means she's either going to Mr. Phillips or..."

"She's going to Gilbert." Diana and Charlie both looked at Anne with wide eyes, who was herself staring complacently down at her finger nails. When she had finally made it to her bed that night (with no intentions of sleep, mind you) her earlier bravado failed her and she realized in what a precarious situation she had put herself in. As much as she hated to admit, she was starting to like it in Cape Cod. Like in a way that would mean her heart would break one more time if she had to leave, even if she said she didn't. And the scene between herself and Josie wasn't exactly going to earn her brownie points.

Except, Anne had met a lot of girls, and she found that, although it was true, to an extent, that everyone was a different and individually unique, there were still basic patterns that held true to humanity. One of them being that overly dramatics tweens who chose to moon over some boy genuinely liked being the damsel in distress. It was hard to be that if you go running off to everyone else to save you first. Not that it was a guarantee, and Anne did feel a few flutters in her stomach, but she couldn't focus on that if she wanted to keep a smile on her face. "It'll be fine."