Ch.12

The boys wasted no time

The boys wasted no time. Not much anyway. They gave me the day to rest, lucky enough it was the weekend. The next day there was a banging on my front door. The previous day had me shook, but once I realized how dumb it would be for him to knock I went and opened the door.

Standing out front was a delivery man holding up a long garment bag. The outside of it said "Alexander McQueen." That couldn't be right. No one I knew could afford that kind of dress and have it delivered.

"Ambrosia Agostini?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"This is for you." He handed me the bag. It had a little bit of weight on it. "I just need you to sign here."

I hung the dress on the door jam to sign for it. I thanked the man and he drove off in his truck. I took the dress upstairs to hang it in front of my closet. I stared at it scared of what I would find inside. Hesitantly I opened it and gasped at the gorgeous black dress. It had only one sleeve and a slit on both sides. The neck was lined in...was that diamonds?! Nope. Couldn't be. At the bottom lay a box. Oh god. I opened it and it was a pair of open-toe strapped heels also lined with not diamonds.

Who the hell would buy me this?"

At first I thought Michael had upped his game, but this want his style. He always got me kid things. In his eyes I was still that little girl. No, this was from someone else. I got a notification on my phone and I gently say the expensive shoe back in its box.

Daniel: Do u like the dress?

Daniel sent it?

Ambrosia: it's beautiful! How could you afford this?

Eric: we cant wait to see how beautiful u look in it, kitten.

Daniel: we'll be there to pick you up @ 8

The time on my phone said 5:28. I only had two and a half hours! I didn't even respond or question him further about the dress. I ran to the bathroom stripping my clothes along the way. I scrubbed myself down and rinsed so fast I probably beat a Guinness world record. I didn't know how I would do my make up or hair. I was stuck. Should I leave it curly and opt for some brown shadow and nude lips? No, that wasn't the type of vibe I wanted to give. It was too..plain. Too safe. So I figured I would do straight hair with a smokey eye and maroon lips. It was sultry and seductive. Exactly what I was looking for.

After doing hair and make up for about an hour and fifteen minutes - I was on a roll - I took the dress out of the bag. It was exquisite! So damn classy and way outta my comfort zone. But if my men wanted to see me in this dress then dammit I was gonna wear it.

"MOM! CAN YOU COME HELP ME?!" I yelled.

I heard her running up the steps and she busted in swinging a bat. She was so tiny holding that thing I had to laugh. She was ready for whatever but the problem I had couldn't be solved with weaponry.