Ch.7

I sucked in a deep breath

I sucked in a deep breath. I was different. everything around me was different. I felt...lighter. Free. Something I haven't felt in a long time. I've had so much pressure on me over the last couple of years. Mostly because of myself. Being a good enough student to stay in the sport I loved, being obsessively dedicated to the sport I love, and being the best boyfriend I could be. Not to mention being the man of the house. So much weight on my shoulders, but now? Like I said; I feel light as a fucking feather.

At first I was nervous as hell. I didn't know how this would play out for me. Would I be devastated? Would I leave worse of than I was before? Surprisingly it was none of the above. except for the stinging in my cheek, I was happier than I have been in a long time. Watching her walk away didn't have the same affect on me as it used to.

After four years of an on again off again relationship I ended it for good this time. I'm not the same boy I was when I was a junior in high school. Infatuated with the most popular girl in school and lucky enough to have those feelings reciprocated. I didn't need that anymore. My plans were so much bigger than that.

I wish I could say that breaking up with Crystal had nothing to do with a certain violet eyed woman, but then I'd be lying. She was definitely a factor. She helped me realize the severe toxicity of my relationship. And I was grateful for it.

Speak of the devil. Ambrosia was headed straight for me, my other best friend in tow. I wasn't mad at them for that kiss at the party. I really never was. I was more or so just jealous.

"Don't you look like the cat that ate the canary." Eric greeted.

"Yeah, you look happy as hell, Daniel. Wassup?"

"You'll be happy to hear that I finally broke up with, Crystal."

They both whooped and were about to high-five, but stopped before connecting.

"Hold on a minute." Eric said. "Is this one of those times where y'all break up and then she throws some pussy at you then you go back?"

"No. I'm really done this time."

They proceeded to high-five and did their own victory dance. I laughed before joining in. I'm certain people were looking at us crazy, but I didn't care. I was having real fun for the first time in a long time. We finally stopped when we were running out of breath. Seeing them be this happy solidified the fact that I made the right choice.

"We have to celebrate." Ambrosia suggested.

"Sounds. Like a great idea, sugar. Lets go do something tonight." Eric's idea of fun scared me, but I was down for whatever to spend time with people I actually cared about.

"It's Daniel's big day. I think he should pick."

"It's not that big a deal, you guys."

"You know what? Why don't we go to Eric's. He has a very nice pool. And a hot tub. We could go for a dip."