Chapter 32

Walking into the lobby, I find Christina sitting in a chair, and I sit next to her, waiting for Will to join us. Christina talks my ear off about all the cool surgeries she got to witness in the OR today. She talks about the aortic dissection repair she got to watch. As she is talking, I contemplate leaving the car at the hospital for the night, but then I remember Chris isn't staying the night, I'll need it to come to clinical tomorrow morning. Will finally walks down the hallway from the elevator, she sees him before I do, she jumps up from her seat, running to him, jumping on him, kissing him. Rolling my eyes at their display as they both walk over to where I'm sitting, hand-in-hand, each with a huge grin on their lips, Chris smirks, "Don't be jealous because you have to hide your relationship!" Will stares adoringly at Christina, not paying any attention to what she is saying, my eyes widen at Christina, giving her a look of panic with what she is saying. Will's eyes finally meet mine, he jokes, "Hey Tris, I see you decided to re-join civilization, come out, and socialize for a bit." Laughing, I reply, narrowing my eyes, "You are funny Will. I do come out and socialize, but only on rare occasions." Chris and Will both laugh with me. Chris whispers into Will's ear, his eyes brighten, grinning, "You are the best!" Shooting Christina a look, she shrugs her shoulders, handing Will a bag with a change of clothes in them.

After we change into street clothes, we leave the hospital and head to the mall to kill some time before the movie begins. Will heads into a videogame store, looking for a new game that came out recently. An evil smile creeps across Christina's lips when I notice a Victoria Secret store behind us. "Don't think about it!" I say, tapping my foot against the cement. She sings, "Come on Tris, live a little, will you?" I take off walking in the opposite direction of the store, replying, "I'm good," hoping she will get the point. She calls after me, "If you don't go in with me now, we will come back when we have Will with us." Whipping around, I say, "You wouldn't," crossing my arms. My cheeks heat at the thought of having to endure Victoria's Secret with Will and Christina. She quips an eyebrow at me, "You wanna test me? I would and you know it. Perhaps, we can call Uriah, and he can join us, or maybe Four, make this a family affair, and we can come back after clinical tomorrow." Groaning, I say, "Let's make this quick, I need to look for a Christmas present for Four." Chris looks at me grinning, "I have the perfect idea for Four for Christmas, you should get him some lingerie." My cheeks burn at the thought, mumbling, "Chris, you should know me better than that." She smirks, "What? You never know, he might enjoy it, he is a guy, you know." She winks at me, I giggle, "No Chris!"

"Fine, but I'm going to look for some new panties for myself, all of my old ones are so last season." She laughs, tossing her hair over her shoulder. I laugh following her into the store. Christina always has to have the latest fashion trends, including underwear. Entering the store, I feel embarrassed, hoping I don't see anyone I know. Chris pulls open drawer after drawer of matching underwear and bras, she even convinces me to buy a new bra and matching underwear. She stands in front of a few skimpy pieces of lingerie on display, laughing, "What do you think Will would think about this outfit if I wore this on our wedding night." I don't answer her, going to stand in line, she yells laughing, "Tris, I'm serious!"

Chris pulls me into another store, she squeals, "Tris! Come here right now!" Rolling my eyes, I walk over to her, she turns to me, "We have to get these. You have to get one for Four, and I'm going to get one for Will." Looking at the light blue shirt, I giggle, reading the shirt. It reads Real Men Marry Nurses. I try to imagine Tobias wearing the shirt, us married. I whisper, "Chris, I can't get that for Four, we aren't even engaged." She smirks, a huge smile on her lips, "Please Tris, you two are pretty much as good as engaged. You live together as roommates, he gave you a promise ring. You could always hang onto the shirt until he does propose, then give it to him. You know you want to!" She grabs Will's size, I grab one for Tobias planning on hiding it from him until he proposes to me.