Chapter 14

I wake, feeling my bed move beside me, and I begin to feel someone tickling me. I have a suspicion that it is Tobias. I know Chris would never wake me up like this. "Tobias! Stop you're going to kill me! I can't breathe." I say, laughing.

"Good Morning, Beautiful. I remembered after last night, that I had an extra suture removal kit at home. I figured that I would remove your stitches before you have to leave for clinical." He says, a smile spreading across his lips.

Tobias continues tickling me as I say laughing, "You told me you were going to remove them this morning before clinical."

"Well, aren't you glad I remembered the kit then, and that I am such a loving, caring, and thoughtful boyfriend." He grins at me.

"That is amazing. You are such a thoughtful boyfriend. Just let me take a shower, and then you can do your job." I smile and jump out of bed.

"I could always join you," Tobias says playfully winking at me.

"In your dreams," I say.

"Maybe, if I am lucky enough." He says grinning.

I push him lightly and go walking into the bathroom. I quickly shower, get dressed putting on my scrubs. I walk out to the living room to find a muffin on a plate for me, and I hear Tobias talking to Christina. I can hear Christina lecturing Tobias. I smile to myself and know at that moment that Chris is a very good friend.

"What are your intentions with my best friend? Four, you may be the boss in the hospital, but just to make it clear to you. If you hurt Tris, or if this is some game to you. I suggest you stop. If you hurt her or break her heart I will hurt you." Chris says, standing in front of Tobias with her arms crossed.

"I only want the best for Tris. My intentions are pure. I swear. I am in love with her. I would rather hurt myself than hurt Tris. Believe me, if I ever hurt Tris, I give you permission to kill or hurt me for being such an ass. Because I will have lost the best thing in my life." He says.

I smile to myself this is the first that he has ever admitted his love for me to someone other than me. I love how protective Chris is of me. I know she will always have my back.

I hear Christina make a remark something that I couldn't quite make out, but whatever it is Tobias sounded like he chocked on whatever he is drinking. I decide it is time to save Tobias from his lecture and interrogation with Christina.

I playfully say, walking into the kitchen, "Dr. Eaton, Your patient is waiting for her doctor, who needs to take out her stitches."

I noticed Tobias blush, and Christina has a huge smile plastered on her face. Tobias follows me out to the living room and I roll up my pants, and Tobias beings to remove my stitches for me from my knees. When he is completely done. He looks up, I grab his head gently, and kiss him lightly. He turns the kiss passionate, nipping at my lips as he stands, pulling me into him, our hands tangling into each other's hair. I hear a giggle from the doorway, and I turn from Tobias to see a grinning Christina. I turn, throwing a pillow at Christina, and she walks out the door laughing.

Tobias turns to me saying "Apparently, she finds something funny."

"Tobias," I say "I don't care what she thinks. I know that I love you with all my heart and that you look incredibly sexy in those scrubs today."

Tobias did look incredible in his scrubs. They were dark blue, and they seemed to match his eyes. Tobias blushes as he looks at the clock, sitting above the tv.

"Crap we better get going or we are both going to be late." He says.

Tobias drives us both to the hospital. We walk into the hospital holding hands, and in the lobby, he kisses me on the cheek before separating from me.

"Have a good day, beautiful. I will see you around lunch today." He says.

I wave goodbye saying, "Have a good day, Dr. Eaton."

I walk up to the unit, see Tori, and get a report on the patients that I would be caring for today.

Time Skip

Tobias texts me before lunch telling me to meet him in the on-call room. His text message says he has a surprise for me. I go to the on-call room and find a picnic blanket on the floor with a picnic basket on the floor. Tobias is sitting on the blanket with a single daisy.

Tobias says "I wanted to surprise you. Lately, we have been in this hospital too much that we haven't had time to go out on a date. I wanted to take you out on a date for lunch."

I smile, kiss Tobias softly, and then say, "So what did you get me for lunch?"

Tobias smiles and hands me a chicken salad sandwich and a bag of my favorite potato chips. We talk to each other about various topics.

"How is your day going? Did you do any interesting surgeries today?" I ask.

"Yeah, I got to help perform a transplant which was a great learning experience. What about you?" Tobias asks.

"My day is going well. I have one patient who is being a bit of a pain in the butt, and thinks that the nurses are there to serve and that this is a hotel instead of a hospital." I say.

"Oh well, I hope that this patient doesn't give you too hard of a problem." He grumbles.

Tobias and I sit eating lunch in silence for our short time that we have together.

His pager goes off, breaking the silence. Tobias reaches down, and grumbles, "I'm sorry, but I need to cut our lunch date short. My attending is looking for me."

"It's fine. I have to head back to the unit anyways. I'll see you later right?"

"Of course." He smiles at me, gives me a quick kiss, then leaves walking out the door. I pick up the stuff. I go back to my unit and proceed to care for my patients. At the end of the day, I am mentally and emotionally drained. One of my patients who I had become quite attached to passed away. It was my first time that I had to deal with the death of a patient. I leave to meet Tobias down in the lobby.

"Tris, I'm sorry to hear about your patient passing away. I know that you two were attached to each other." He says as soon as he sees me.

At those words, I end up breaking down. This patient reminded me of my grandmother dying. Tobias takes me into his arms, holding me, trying to comfort me. He whispers into my ear "shh, it's going to be okay."

After I settle down, Tobias drives me home and drops me off at my apartment. He leaves me saying, "I have to head back to the hospital. I have to work double shifts for the next few days. I promise I will text you, or call you when I have a chance."

My phone buzzes as soon as I enter the house, it is a text from Tobias that read.

Four: I love you, Tris. I hope you are having a good day. I miss seeing your smiling face.

Tris: I love you too. My day is going well. You just saw me a few minutes ago silly. How can you miss me?

Four: I can't miss my beautiful girlfriend?

Tris: I guess. I miss my boyfriend already.

Four: I am off for more torture at work.

Tris: Stop complaining at least you get paid. I am just free labor.

Four: I guess, love. I love you so much. I promise we will do something fun just the two of us soon. I really need to go.

Tris: I love you too. Have a good shift.

I did hear from Tobias a few times during the course of the next few days. He found me on the unit a few times. Something seemed off with Tobias, but I wasn't sure what. I didn't have any alone time with him to ask him about it. He continues to drop me little lines telling me how much he loves me and how he can't wait to see me when he is away from me, but I want to know what is wrong with him.