Chapter 25

The bed is cold the next morning, Tobias's body heat is long gone my fingers searching for any remaining heat, but finding none. I groan as I roll over, not wanting to move from the warmth of the bed. My hand lands on a note, laying on his pillow. I quickly grab the note, my curiosity getting the better of me, and I open the note it reveals his sloppy doctor's handwriting.

My Darling Dearest Tris,

I couldn't bring myself to wake you this morning, you looked so peaceful sleeping. I'm sorry I wasn't here this morning when you woke up, but I had something that I needed to take care of after I went on a run. I need to clear my head a little, don't worry about it. Have a nice talk with Christina today. I will see you tonight when I pick you up at six o'clock to take you somewhere, and before you ask, it is a surprise.

I love you,

-T/4 XOXO

I smile pulling the letter to my chest. Tobias is always sweet to me, he is always trying to surprise me with something. I run my fingers over his handwriting, my fingers landing on the ending, the T/4. He is always careful never to sign his real name on a piece of paper, and his signature can't be read at all when he signs his doctor's notes. My mind drifts to the time I asked him why no one can read his signature, and he replied, "Because, I don't want anyone to know my real name, only you."

Another thought floats across my mind, as I begin to wonder where he went this morning after his run as my eyes glance at the alarm clock. It is only ten in the morning. I shake my head, I'm sure he will tell me later when I see him. As I get ready for the day, I try to ready myself for the conversation that I am about to have with Christina. My mind spinning with the news of her engagement that she dropped on me last night. I knew Will was going to propose last night, but I now that he has, I feel like I am losing my best friend. Slowly, I walk to the living room like a prisoner going to their execution. Christina is sitting on the sofa, staring at her engagement ring. My stomach twists at the sight as I happily say, " Hey you! Congratulations on your engagement again! I am so happy for you and Will!"

Christina's cheeks are slightly pink as she spins her ring around and around on her finger as she begins to speak, "I know we always said we would always discuss everything when it came to our living situation, but Will on the way home last night after he proposed, he asked me to move in with him. I was so caught up in the moment and happy, that I agreed. I sort of forgot about you, about having a roommate, at all. I feel awful for agreeing to move in with him and not talking to you about it first." I let out a breath as I say, "Actually Chris, I was going to talk to you about that today."

"About what?" She asks, coyly.

"About the subject of moving to another place. The landlord called the other day and our lease is up soon, like the end of the month soon. She needs to know if we are going to renew it or if we are moving. I told her, I would have to discuss that with you. I was kind of sort, hoping to move in with Four. He already has a spare bedroom that he said I could use, and I knew that Will and you would want to move in together as soon as he proposed." I say, my eyes on the floor. I'm scared to look at her.

"What do you think?" Chris asks as I look at her, realizing how much I am going to miss living with my best friend as I ask her, "Well, what do you think?"

She smiles, "I guess we both have a lot of packing to do. We have to decide who is taking what, and what to get rid of." Over the course of the next few days, Chris and I work on packing the house. Chris makes me take the dishes and pots she giggles pointing at them, "I don't know how to cook. Will, already has a cabinet exploding with dishes, pots, and pans. He doesn't need anymore. Plus, we both know these are yours. You do all the cooking around here. Also, take the couch."