Her Rampage

The sun was beginning to set. There were musicians gathered at the fireplace, their voices mixed in harmony with the melodies they have learned from the Rito.

'You simply must sing the part of the beautiful Princess Zelda,' one of them said to [Y/n]. Another man was set to sing the part of the Hero of Time. Yes, Kass had thought it prudent to sneak in romantic tension between the two to make the story more interesting, even if it wasn't exactly historically accurate according to some sources.

It was odd to think that something so violent would be happening later that night...

While waiting for their mission in that comforting place, surrounded by their voices, even an entity who had lived millennia found himself smiling warmly...

These things called humans, they were more complicated than they seemed.

***********************************

The second time She visited Rito Village, the light from her eyes was gone.

Only three people in the village know what happened to her.

At first, she was crying and screaming as if she had gone mad, saying things that did not quite make sense...

But we started worrying when her tears were replaced by a vacant look, and when her magic tricks ceased to be. When, instead of filling the air with her voice, the village was left in complete silence.

If not for Teba, she would have fallen to her death.

***

"What's the matter with you, kid?! Are you trying to die?!"

...There was no answer.

Without knowing, she had reverted into a silent husk. It was up to him and his wife to make sure she didn't bring a premature end to herself. Teba remembered her having said how she hadn't been strong enough, how she was weak, while she was spitting out her incoherent words when she came back to the village that day... so he had an idea.

One day, he said to her, "If you want to become stronger, then you must aim to become the strongest. You must learn to fight with everything and anything you have."

That is how she took up a bow, and learned from the greatest archer in the Rito Tribe. But it still wasn't enough. Her body ached for more strength. With a sword in hand, she took to the forest, slaughtering hoards of monsters like a wild beast without a second thought. Her body had begun to move again, yet her spirit was still frozen in place.

...Until one day... I wrote a letter to that woman. She needed to see her now more than ever.

I do not know what they talked about.

All that I know is that they took long walks in the forest, and, at one point, I heard the woman use the girl's real name, instead of simply calling her 'vehvi', as most Gerudo women do.

Little by little, we began to notice the slightest of changes in her...

She started taking walks with my daughters.

She started eating with all of us...

Oftentimes, she would gather Silent Princesses and visit the highest spot on the village, saying they were meant for a long lost friend who was no longer in this world...

In time, she started referring to that friend simply as 'Sakura'. 'I'm going to leave out these flowers for Sakura,' she would say...

And one evening...

***

Sleepers wake,
Dreams will fade,
Although we cling fast...