Update (2024)

Hi everyone. I'm so sorry for my absence. Way too many things have happened since I last updated, so I'll try to keep it short.

First things first: no, the story is NOT canceled. It's taken me a very long time to come back, but I still plan to finish it. It may take me a while, but I won't let it stay incomplete.

Secondly: I started writing this since even before Age of Calamity was announced, so I'm not sure I'll integrate any references or lore belonging to it or Tears of the Kingdom, but I'm not sure yet ;w;

I don't want to bore you all with what's been going on (especially since I doubt any of the people who were reading this back then are still here), but I'll try to summarize what's happened.

T.W.: abuse, mental illness, SH

My mental health slowly declined after I wrote last part, which naturally pushed me away from many of my hobbies. I thankfully have a good support group and know how important therapy is, so I've been good on that front. I promptly recovered from that down period. However, since I was planning to do professional theatre, I spent a lot of time preparing for auditioning/applying to good theatre schools in Broadway. This quickly proved not to be the best thanks to my epilepsy diagnosis, which made me sad, but I was expecting it.

I somehow got myself stuck in a couple abusive relationships, the last one lasting almost two years and being the worst. It was the moment when I wanted most to keep writing, but it's scary to talk about to what extent my abuser was controlling me.

That's thankfully passed now, and I took a long time to heal. I have a job (which keeps me busy but well fed), a good group of friends, and my current partner is the best thing I could have ever asked for. They're interested in reading this so... hi!

I may or may not do a few corrections while I re-read previous chapters with them, I trust they will be an improvement :D

I can't promise that the next chapter will come soon, but I can promise that I'll try to work on it soon and make it the best it can be <3

Thank you if you've read this far, and thank you for your support!