15.

Chapter Fifteen: Part Two 💙🏁

"Santiago, my office, now!" Evan sighed in irritation as the captain called him to his office

Ever since he slipped up and let Nip get away the captain had been on his ass and coming down hard on him. If he wasn't so hell-bent on taking Nip down and being the one to bring him in, Evan would have told him he could kiss his ass and go to hell but he was on this job for a reason.

"Yes sir?"

"When was the last time you spoke with Chyna Simmons?" Captain Dawn questioned.

"I haven't spoken to her in a few weeks sir. Not since I asked her about Ermias Clay's whereabouts. May I ask why?"

"Because her body was just found, that's why. Jackson and Kelly got a call about a body found in a dumpster and lo and behold, when they respond to the call, it's Ms. Simmons," Captain said as if he was frustrated as he slid the crime scene photos over to Evan so he could see them.

Evan had to swallow hard to keep from lashing out. He couldn't believe this shit. There was no doubt in his mind that Nip was responsible for this shit, he just knew he had to be. There was no one else who could have been behind this. He didn't know how he had let Nip sneak back under his nose but he was even more determined to take that black bastard down now more than before.

"He did this," Evan said.

"He who?" "Ermias Clay, I know he did," Evan said as he slid the pictures back to the Captain.

"Oh really? And how do you know for sure that a man that no one has seen or heard from in almost two months is responsible for killing Ms. Simmons?"

"Because I...I just have this feeling," Evan said.

"Santiago, why do I get the feeling that you have a personal vendetta against Clay?"

Unlike Chief Lawson who had retired last month, Captain Dawn wasn't with all the corruption that was taking pace in the department, which is a reason why Evan really didn't care for him.

"Captain, I-" "I feel like you need to sit this one out. You have been building this case against him since the beginning of time and barely got anywhere, then you lost him when you were supposed to have surveillance on him and someone watching him, and now you're telling me that after he just disappeared in thin air he reappeared just to kill our informant and key witness?"

"So what are you saying, Capta-"

"I'm saying I'm taking you off this case and you're not allowed to deal with anything that has anything to do with Ermias Clay. As a matter of fact, I'm putting you on desk duty; you are not to go out in the field. Do I make myself clear?" Captain Dawn said with authority in his voice.