8.

Chapter Eight: Part Two 💙🏁

"Dad, breakfast is ready!" Lauren yelled up the stairs to her dad

As she was walking back to the kitchen to fix his plate, she bumped into her mother. Without acknowledging her or even sparing her another glance, Lauren walked around her as if she wasn't even there. That's pretty much how things went between them these days. Lauren really had no words for the woman who gave birth to her because her attitude was ugly and the way she went about things was shady.

Once upon a time, she used to try to be the voice of reason and get Megan to try to fix her relationship with her parents by now she realized it wasn't Megan with the problem, it was their mother. Lauren didn't understand why she had so much animosity in her heart but after that stunt their mom pulled when they found out Andre was missing, she washed her hands clean of her.

"If you're going to be living in my house, you need to acknowledge me," Sharon sneered.

"Correction, I'm not living nowhere, I'm just staying here. Besides, this is my daddy's house, don't get it twisted," Lauren told her.

Lauren was never the type to disrespect her mother but ever since she had been staying here, she had been throwing slick little shots at her. Just for the sake of keeping peace, she had been ignoring her but today Lauren wasn't in the mood for that.

She had been on edge ever since Evan popped up at her job and Latasha's nasty attitude was irritating the hell out of her on top of her agitation that he had stirred up.

"I don't care, as long as you're laying your head in the home that we built together, you will respect me. That's what's wrong with you and your damn sister now. That's why y'all always in some shit because your attitudes are fucked up."

"Don't speak on shit you don't know about!" Lauren snapped.

"You should be the last one talking about somebody having a fucked up attitude when you make everyone that comes around you miserable".

"Hey, what's the problem?" Steve asked, looking from his wife to his daughter.

He knew Latasha had to really push Lauren's buttons to have her cursing at her because that was something that she never did.

"Your daughter is disrespectful, that's the problem."

"You know what, dad? Out of respect for you and your house, I'm going to leave for a few hours before I end up saying or doing something I might not regret," Lauren said as she walked out of the kitchen.