6.

Chapter Six: Part Two 🏁💙

Slowly getting her life back together, Megan had went back to work

Slowly getting her life back together, Megan had went back to work. She had done better than she expected and she felt that was due to everyone respecting her space and not treating her like a fragile china doll.

As she pulled up into her driveway, she noticed Demario's car was there. She thought that was weird because she hadn't seen or spoken to him since the little episode at the mall. At this point, she honestly had nothing to say to him because he'd made his choice on where he wanted to be when she asked him to choose. 

"Not today, Satan, not today," she sighed as she got out of her car.

Ignoring the fact that he was still sitting in his car, Megan quickly walked up to her house and let herself in, making sure she locked it behind her.

She couldn't even get in the house all the way before she heard someone knocking at the front door. Marching full speed, she unlocked it and snatched it open, ready to go off but stopped dead in her tracks when she was met with a pair of pretty brown eyes that matched her father's.

"Hi," she spoke shyly

"H-hello," Megan said, trying to fight her emotions.

"I'm Domonique and I'm four," she said as she stuck her hand out for Megan to shake.

"I'm Meg and I'm way older than four," Megan said as she shook her head.

Domonique giggled a pretty girlish laugh as she looked up at her daddy who was staring at Megan intently. 

"Can we come in?" he finally spoke.

Knowing the only reason she wasn't going to say no was because he had his daughter with him, Megan swallowed the foul words she wanted to spit at him and stepped to the side so they could enter. She thought that was very clever and so unoriginal of him to use his daughter to make her talk to him. She stood there with her arms folded as she watched Domonique lead her to the living room where he turned the TV on for Domonique and put cartoons on for her before walking back over to her.