2.

Chapter Two: Part Two 💙🏁

Nip sat in his office in the dark, alone, thinking

Nip sat in his office in the dark, alone, thinking. If it was one thing he'd learned from LA, it was to always keep your friends close and enemies closer but the sad thing about it was these days, you didn't know which ones were which.

There was a snake that had been slithering too damn close to him and he was so blinded that he'd allowed it to bite him.

"Now is not the time to be sulking, nigga," Demario said as he turned the light on.

"Ain't nobody sulking, I'm just thinking some shit out." Nip waved him off.

"Oh, now you wanna think? Where was all that thinking mentality when you wanted to pull guns out on people and shit?" Sitting up in his seat, Nip ran his hands down his face before covering it as he rested his elbows on his desk and sighed heavily.

He didn't need his cousin to tell him what he already knew, he had fucked up completely by treating Lauren the way he did.

"You know she didn't tell that nigga shit," Demario told his cousin.

"Yea, I know," Nip said lowly. "What?" Mario asked, confused.

"What you mean you know?" "At least I know now. All that shit was a test of loyalty, somebody crossed me and I needed to be confident that it wasn't her. Ain't no telling what she told that nigga about me."

"A test of loyalty? Nigga, do you know how the fuck you sound right now? That damn girl has been loyal to you even when she didn't have to be because you were out fucking your raggedy ass ex. We're blood, so Imma keep it real with you. I think you did all that extra shit because you found out it was another nigga in the picture and that nigga just so happened to be Red," Mario accused.

If looks could kill, they would be planning Demario's funeral right now due to the murderous stare Nip was giving him.

"What the fuck did you just say?" Nip asked, dumbfounded.

"I didn't stutter nor did I whisper or stumble so I know you heard me loud and clear. It's cool, though. You don't have to admit the shit out loud because it's done and over with; just don't let it happen again. You owe her an apology and I know you being the real nigga that you are, you'll give her one. Now that we got all that out of the way, let's talk about how we're going to handle this situation. I think you need to call Joé."

Nip sat back in his chair and kicked his feet up on his desk. What his cousin said was partially true so he wasn't going to deny it. He felt some type of way when he found out that Lauren was entertaining somebody else so he did some research to find out exactly who it was. Imagine his surprise when he found out it was Evan Santiago, better known as red.

The two of them had really had no real beef besides the fact that Evan felt that Chico should have been preparing to pass the torch on to him instead of Nip since they were brothers. But since he didn't, that caused some animosity on Evans' end.

To stand there and hear Evans confess to killing his own brother evoked something in Nip that he couldn't describe. He hadn't felt that way since standing on that front yard watching his father die right before his eyes. Only this time, it wasn't sorrow; it was more of vengeance.

"I already know what Joé is going to say if I call him and that's not an option. I'm not running from this shit," Nip opposed. "Nip, think about that shit. Not only is he the connect, but he has ties to the cartel. He is one of the most powerful men we know. He could make this shit disappear before it even gets started. So what if he tells you to come chill out with him until he takes care of it?" Mario said like he wanted to slap his cousin.

"What about you and Mel? I'm not leaving y'all behind. You know if they can't get to me, they'll take the next best thing and I don't fuck around when it comes to my family. You know how big I am on loyalty."

"Nigga please, we are grown ass men who are capable of taking care of ourselves. Besides, if I go, you know I gotta take Meg and she's not in the right mind frame to be going on the run right now. Plus, she ain't going nowhere her sister ain't going. You just go, let this shit blow over, then come back and let that nigga know he ain't stopping shit then put a bullet in his ass.

A couple of bullets, actually." After thinking about it for a while, Nip finally gave in. He was going to call Joè and talk to him about this little problem they had run into.