Aftermath

"Who am I?"

Those three small words echoed around his head, bouncing and colliding around his skull.

"Who am I?"

The clenched feeling in his heart was growing stronger every time he relived those horrid few seconds.

"Who am I?"

It didn't really occur to him that this was possible; even the doctor was speechless. He said this wasn't a predicted side effect and... they couldn't do anything about it.

"Who am I?"

His first speech after waking up was full of despair and anguish, his voice shaking with unknown fears. It caused a ripple of shock to run through the room.

"Who am I?"

His icy blue eyes turned almost clear with fear of the reality in front of his eyes. Surely this was all a bad dream. It couldn't be real.

"Who am I?!" the hoarse voice screamed again, tears threatening to fall.

His tears fell. Falling like rain onto the green grass beneath him. He sat there, staring into his memories of just a few minutes ago. The eyes of the boy fading slowly.

"Who are you?" he asked once again.

He had to be dragged from the room whilst they sedated the boy. He was a mess, a frightened mess. How could his love not know him, yet alone himself?

"Who am I?"

Harry was distraught, but determined. He was going to help Carlos find his memories. He was going to search for lost time.