Chapter 12: Proving a Point

“I suck at the guitar!” I whined as I aggressively strummed the guitar, “This is why I should stick on making coffee cause my music career will go NOWHERE.”

Michael started laughing his butt off as he took the guitar away from me, “That’s enough for today..” then he turned around and laid down on me as he said, “Can I rest on you?”

I rolled my eyes but I wrap my arms around him, asking, “Is this even comfy?”

“Trust me, this is heaven right now.” He nodded as rested his head on my shoulder, then kissed my cheek, saying, “Cause you’re an angel from above.”

“You and your cheesy flirting.” I said back, feeling all fuzzy on the inside. This is the most cheesiest thing I had ever encountered but I’m not even gonna complain cause it’s with Michael and I’ve been crushing on Michael for the longest time so I deserve this.

We were currently at my apartment, watching Paranorman which I love oh so much.

“I can’t believe you like this,” Michael said, and I shrugged, “Lani got me into this movie since she enjoys stop motion.”

“That’s true.”

“Plus, it haves zombies in it so of course it would be a favorite.”

“But it’s just pilgrims being confused on what’s going on!” Michael pointed at the zombies, “They’re not eating flesh or attacking people!”

“Not ALL zombies are evil, Mimi. I mean, did you see Warm Bodies?”

“Oh god,” He groaned but chuckled, “Such a girl. That’s a romance movie!”

“Yeah, a human girl falling for a zombie. That’s basically us.”

“Are you calling me a zombie?” Michael looked at me which made me grin at him, “Maaaaybe.”

“Then let me your brains!!”

Michael got up and wrapped his arms around my neck.

“AHHH!” I yelled out, “GET OFF!”

“BRAINS!” he started kissing the top of my head and sighed, “Ah, you smell good, Lili.”

“Good enough for my brain not becoming your lunch?”

Michael pulled back to face me and smiled, “You are my weakness.” and kissed me.

Basically, we just had a make out session with Michael on top of me which I didn’t mind at all. I don’t want to get into details, but let’s just say, he’s an amazing kisser. Seriously, I feel like we can go on like this for hours and I would not get tired.

A few minutes later, we heard the door opening which made us pull apart.

“Shit...” Michael groaned as he rested his head on my shoulder, “Just needed five more minutes!”

“Needed?!” I said as we both started laughing, and Michael hugged me as he wrapped his arms around my waist and he rested his head between my shoulder and neck, “I love you, Natalie.”

“I love you too, Michael.” I stroked his head, and I heard Ro calling out, “Hey there love birds! Sorry to ruin the moment!”

“It’s okay,” Michael yelled out, “It’s not like we needed some time alone.”

“Oh ha-ha,” Ro laughed sarcastically, “Natalie, your boyfriend is a sarcastic asshole.”

“Thanks, Ro.” I smiled as we both got up. I went into the kitchen where Ro was at, and asked her, “How was work?”

“Okay,” She shrugged, “Same people, new people, annoying people, desperate people. The usual.”

“Sounds exciting.” I chuckled which made her crack a smile also, “Living the life.”

Then Michael’s phone rung and when he checked his phone, he sighed, “Damn.”

“What?” I held his hand, and he texted something and sent the message as he said, “Gotta head back. The guys need me.”

“Okay,” I nodded, “I’ll walk you out?”

“Such a caring girlfriend.” He smiled at me as he kissed my forehead.

When we both started walking out, I yelled out to Ro, “Be right back!”

“Don’t get to excited at the hallway!” Ro hollered from the kitchen, “The neighbors might catch you guys getting all heated.”

I rolled my eyes at her comment, but Michael yelled back, “I swear it won’t take that long!”

“Michael!” I slapped his chest, and he started laughing, “Kidding! Bye Ro!”

When we were going down the elevator, Michael pulled me into a back hug as he said, “I wonder if I’ll ever gonna meet your family.”

My eyes widen.

“What?” I looked at him, “That’s so random.”

He shrugged, “I’m curious about them.”

“There’s nothing to be curious about....” I took a deep breathe, “They’re just....family.”

“I’m guessing this is not an easy topic for you?”

I shook my head and he kissed my cheek as he rested his chin my shoulder, “I’m sorry, lee. I just want to be closer to you.”

“By getting to know my family?”

He nodded, “But only when you’re ready, Natalie.”

I just nodded, unable how to react to this sudden topic.

Do I need to bring up the fact that my parents aren’t exactly “great”? I mean, to a certain extent, but I got freaking drunk because of the stress my mom caused me. I could only imagine the damage they would cause if they found out I’m dating someone whose in a band, haves different colored hair almost every month, a handful of tattoos, and an eyebrow piercing. Yeah, scratch the imagining part cause I don’t even want to think about it. I feel like Will and my dad will be the only two who would give Michael a chance, but my mom and May? Hell will break loose cause their anger will go haywire.

After Michael left and I was with Ro who was sitting at the living room, I plopped on the other couch, sighing, “Ro..”

“Yeah?” She responded.

“Michael wants to meet my parents.”

I heard Ro gasped, “What?!”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “He’s actually curious about my parents.”

“Okay, are you freaked out the fact that he wants to meet your parents or the fact that Michael actually wants to get to know your parents and you know how they are?”

“Second.”

“Good, cause I was about to say that it’s not of a big deal for you two to meet the parental cause you two been best friends for a while, but the fact that your parents are a bit on the off side is the freaked out part.” Ro slouched back on the couch as she crossed her arms.

“You know me well, Ro.” I couldn’t help but to smile cause it’s true. Most couples would be freaked out on the meeting parents part cause that means shit got serious but I don’t really care for that. Michael meeting Will is great for me cause they’re practically alike, just minus the hair, tattoos, piercings, obsessive partying, musician part, but in the other sense of being annoying buttholes, gamers, and the fact that they’re on the loud side is pretty alike, and my dad, well, he’s the one who supports me no matter what cause he actually wants me genuinely happy with my life. It’s just May and Mom. They’re gonna kill me.

“Did you even tell them?”

I gulped.

Yeah, that would’ve been a good idea but it never came in mind.

“Do you think they already know?”

“How would they already know?”

“Nat, Michael’s band is famous, news gets around, meaning numerous websites probably haves an article about you since he posted a tweet about you, saying he’s in love with his best friend, and it probably popped up on E! news or something.”

“Shit..” I straightened up, “Shit shit, that is very true.”

“And the fact that there’s a chance that your brother and sister might find out cause of their friends..”

“That’s true..”

“And the fact that maybe your mom-”

“RO!” I stopped her, now freaking out, “I get it, let’s not get to my mom, okay?”

Ro put up her hands, defending herself, “Jus saying.”

I covered my face, and sighed, “I’m sorry, you know how I am with the topic of her..”

“Don’t worry,” I heard Ro say to me, “I’m sorry also, but you should really talk to your parents.”

I shrugged, and crossed my arms, “I’ll just wait for the angry phone call. My mom might actually care about me by doing that.”

“True. How about we go out tonight?” Ro stood up, and came up to me.

“Whose coming?” I chuckled, knowing there’s a twist to this offer.

“The usual guys.” Ro pulled my arms, and whined, “COME OOONN!”

I just groaned, not interested of getting up.

“We can invite Lani and the guys!”

I looked at her and she had this stupid grin on her face and I really can’t say no to her grin.

“I hate that I consider you as my best friend.” I got up and sighed, “Okay..”

“Yes!” She practically tackled me with a hug, “But can you whip up something as an early dinner? I’m starving.”

I started laughing, and nodded, “Sure thing. What in your in the mood for?”

“Can you make that potato soup? I’m in the mood for something warm and I bought the ingredients for it!”

“Aren’t you a doll.” I walked towards the kitchen as Ro yelled out to me from the living room, “Only for your wonderful cooking, Nat!”

After whipping up early dinner, I already texted Lani about the hang out and she said after the guy’s session, they’ll come by. We’re gonna be heading towards this other pub in London that’s more popular in the public called Freddy’s. I’ve been there a few times but don’t really enjoy the crowding. It makes me claustrophobic.

“Well ain’t it the happily taken Natalie!” Tom cheered as he saw us walking in, “Where’s the hubby?”

“Coming in a bit later.” I grinned and sat next to Paige who squealed, “I still can’t believe, Nat! Isn’t he great?”

I nodded, “I mean, yeah. We’ve been taking for a while.”

“How come you never told us about you talking to 5sos?” Tom asked me, and I shrugged, “You never asked.”

“Good point.” He snapped at me, “Man, there’s a lot of things we don’t know about you, Nat.”

I gulped. No shit.

“I guess I’m just filled with a lot surprises.” I tried to joke along, and Tom nodded, “Yeah, I never knew you were the type to date rock stars.”

“I know!” Paige agreed, “I thought you were into the more conservative types.”

How wrong can you be?

“I thought Nat had a tiny crush on Tom, honestly.” Another friend added, but again, I suck at names.

“Gross.” I scrunched up my nose, gagging, “That’s disgusting.”

“Ah, don’t be like that love!” Tom came next to me and put his arm around me, “I’m likeable.”

“Keep telling yourself that.” I pushed his arm away. Again, do not like the touching of people who are not close to me.

I was slowly getting irritated by this. They’re all saying these assumptions about me that are not even close to being true. I blame myself honestly. I had this stupid idea of changing who I am and this is the result. Once the true me is being shown, this the treatment I get.

Countless assumptions and jokes about “who I am” and “what I like”.

“Touchy, aren’t we?” Another person added who again, have no idea who this is. Is this really the usual? Cause I don’t even know half of the people here. Yeah, my memory is that bad. That and I don’t usually care for getting close to people so names and faces are blurry in my memory.

I started looking around, helplessly hoping the guys and Lani are coming but no sight of them yet.

“I feel that boyfriend of yours is a bit odd.” I heard someone say that made me snap my head back in reality. I looked at who said it and it was Tom.

“Excuse me?” I snapped at him, “You think that because..?”

“I mean,” he shrugged, “The hair, piercing, tattoos, and rock star life.”

“What are you trying to say?” My blood is boiling.

“All I’m saying is that in my opinion, I feel like the relationship is not gonna last long.” Tom said, “I don’t really know Michael, but from what I’ve seen, he doesn’t seem like the guy who likes commitment.”

That’s it.

“Okay,” I took my purse, “You know what, Tom? I never asked your opinion so you can tell your feelings to shut up and mind it’s own business, okay? Okay, cool, now will you excuse me, I’m gonna get some fresh air.”

I could tell everyone was dumbfounded by my sudden out burst. I never once bursted out like that, but I did promise Michael that I would stop trying to change who I am so this is the start.

I walked away from them, feeling immensely pissed off right now. I just kept walking and walking till I felt someone grab my arm behind which made me shouted, “HEY!”

I turned around and I see Michael who had this worried face.

“Are you okay?” he asked me, and walked closer, “Your cheeks are super red right now.”

“Please stop talking.” I said, and grabbed the back off his head, and pulled him into a strong kiss.

I needed to prove a point to them. This is who I really am, and I’m not ashamed anymore.

When we pulled away, Michael whispered close to my lips, his voice all shaky, “I’m guessing yes.”

I took a deep breathe, and pulled him into a tight hug, “I’m sorry...”

I felt his arms embraced me as it went around my waist, and he whispered back to me, “What are you sorry about? That kiss was great!”

I started laughing, and said, “People were pissing me off. Needed to make a point.”

“You should get pissed off more often.”

“Trust me, it’s gonna happen but I’m not gonna kiss you every time I am.”

“And you got me excited for no reason.”

“Calm yourself, Cliffconda.”

We both started laughing and the anger went away. This is what I love about Michael. When he talks to me, everything around me disappears and my worries don’t exist anymore. My feelings consist of happiness and joy, as if things are all okay. Yeah, Michael’s specialty.

When we pulled away, I saw Lani walking towards me slowly, and awkwardly, “Hey to you too.”

“Sorry..” I chuckled and hugged her, “Had a rough time there.”

“I could tell.” I heard her laugh and asked, “What happened?”

“Long story.” I said as I let her go, “But I think it should be told somewhere else.”

That’s when Ro came to me, and I see her rubbing her temples, “Can we get out of here? It’s freaking crowded and I’m about to go insane. Paige is driving me nuts. She started squealing like a maniac the moment she saw Luke.”

“Excuse me while I check on my boyfriend..” Lani said and I have a feeling Paige chose the wrong 5sos member to be fangirling on. Lani is not usually the jealous type but she keeps her guard up when it comes to girl’s like Paige.

“Whew.” Calum whistled, “This place is packed.”

“Yeah,” Ashton agreed, “How in the hell are you supposed to maneuver your way around here?”

“You don’t.” Ro and I said at the same time, annoyed.

“Hey,” Ro nudged me, “Don’t listen to Tom and the others. They had right to say those things to you.”

I nodded, and crossed my arms, “But I pretty much snapped at them.

“What you did there was amazing, and honestly, so you. If they get butt hurt over it then they’re not worth changing for, Nat.”

“You got a point.” I agreed and Ro flipped her hair at me, smiling, “I always do.”

I rolled my eyes as we both started laughing.

“Okay,” Lani appeared but holding onto Luke’s ear, “Got lover boy before that Paige chick tries to get into his pants.”

“I tried to pull away!” Luke whined to her, and Lani nodded, and said sarcastically, “Uh-huh, and I give you an A for effort.”

The whole group started laughing and Michael put his arm around my shoulders, “I’m guessing we’re getting out of this packed place?”

“We got some left over potato soup that Nat cooked earlier.” Ro suggested, “Wanna hang out at out place and watch a movie?”

“Sounds fantastic.” Lani sighed, and started walking, “Let’s get out of here before that Paige chick tries to look for Hemmings.”

“You being jealous is hot, Lani.” Luke joked with her while Lani scowled, “Oh shut up!”

While Ro, Calum and Ashton followed Luke and Lani, Michael took my hand and asked, “Are you sure your okay?”

“Yeah,” I nodded, and sighed, “Shit happened, that’s all.”

“Care to share later?”

“Of course.” I smiled at him and he gave me a smile back.

I don’t care what anyone would say about my relationship with my best friend. He’s the only person who can keep me sane and at peace so whoever haves a problem should keep a sock on it and shut up because I’m not leaving this guy anytime soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------

it's currently 2:30 am & i'm tired. eh. this chapter just the beginning of some interesting things ;)

who loves the fact that natalie is being true to her sassy self? cause i love it. anyways, hope you guys enjoyed!

love you all :D