Introduction: Trooper

“STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU FREAK!!”

“I HATE YOU!”

“THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!”

“NATALIE! NATALIE! NATALIE!!!!”

“Natalie...” I felt someone shaking me, which made broke out of my nightmare. I shot up, gasping, “What?”

“Woah,” My roommate, Ro, backed up out of shock, “Bad dream again?”

I nodded, and wiped off my sweat, “Sorry, was I mumbling in my sleep again?”

Ro nodded with a grin, “Yeah, but no worries, that’s not why I woke you up.”

“Work?”

“Yeah,” she patted my shoulder, “Come on, you know how the cranky people get without their coffee.”

“Don’t remind me.” I groaned, and jumped out of bed to get ready for my day job in London.

I’ve been staying London for school for a few months and I love it here. This is my new home, and call me weird, but I prefer this place more than back in San Francisco. The only thing I miss in the States is my best friend, Lani. That’s probably it. Other then that, London is where I want to stay.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I always thank my parents for making me and not looking like my sister. She looks more like my dad with her blonde hair and blue eyes, while I have my mom’s wavy brown hair and really dark green eyes. It’s not those green eyes where it’s bright green with those gold specks. Yeah, I was not gifted with those eyes. Instead, I have mossy green eyes which I don’t mind cause it changes depending on the lighting. My point is that, I look nothing like my sister and that’s a blessing.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I love my family, but when it comes to their bad habits, that’s when family is out the picture. Sister dearest is a judgmental, all high mighty, “better than you in everything” sister that is so lovely to have, and that would be me being a sarcastic twat I am. Then there’s brother dearest who rather lives life to the fullest by having vodka poured down his throat every weekend for he is the “party king and shall his party ways live on the kingdom of assholes and thots” but acts like he cares about me during the day. Not really cause when we’re in school, he tends to pretend that I don’t exist which is fine cause I don’t want be know as the “party princess who is hailed for being a buzz kill when really I just don’t want be surrounded by people who smells like sweat and alcohol”. Oh, and let’s not forget the parents. My parents are loving and caring, and is known for their high class lifestyle. Yes, we’re supposedly a successfully rich family because my dad is a famous baker around Europe, while my mom is professor for European studies in San Francisco University. Also, yes, I am European supposedly. Both of my parents are French since they have slight accents since they grew up their as children but then started living in America as teenagers. Did I mention that my grandparents are apparently successful and living large at Europe? My dad’s side lives in Paris, while my mom’s lives in Monte Carlo. Oh yeah, living the life. Too bad that my parents rather care about their appearance and lifestyle than their own children.

I have a wonderful family, huh?

That’s fine. I learnt how to do deal with all this nonsense throughout my life and here I am, in London, where no one knows me like San Francisco. If I go to Monte Carlo now and people hear my full name, Natalie Jacqueline Pierretta, apparently, I would get noticed and be mobbed. How? I don’t even know.

I feel like I’m over exaggerating my life, but it’s the honest truth. My life back home was not the cookie cutter life. I was the weird child apparently, since I didn’t accept the lifestyle. I denied my nanny’s for any help unlike my brother and sister. I wanted to learn how to cook instead of the nanny cooking for us. I would rather wear sweat pants and jeans than skirts and dresses. I’m the odd one but it’s okay. Being overlooked it’s a good thing because I get to learn how to live on my own.

Saying that, here I am, in London, where my story is never told and I am glad I don’t have to tell anyone about it.

I put up my wavy hair up in a pony tail after cleaning my face and brushing my teeth, and put on my uniform for the day. I work at this local cafe which is a few minute walk from our apartment, and I enjoy it cause I get to see different face everyday. There are those regulars but there’s also those people who I never seen and I get to observe how they act, and such. Call me weird, but that’s what I do on my free time. Observe and see people’s actions.

“Stop staring at him!” I heard Ro hissed at me when were cleaning up tables, and I had my eyes stuck on this handsome guy. Not my type, but definitely the sight for the sore eye.

“I can’t help it!” I chuckled as I began wiping again, “The guy wouldn’t stop shaking his left leg. I’m guessing he’s either anxious, energetic, or something.”

“I agree on ‘or something’ cause that would be weird if you already knew what he’s feeling just by looking at him.”

“It’s not weird!” I scoffed, and then said under my breathe, “It’s a hobby.”

Is it weird that I observe people? Just a little bit, but it’s one of those unconscious habits that comes out of nature. Observing people and their actions tend to be my specialty. I could read others, but for some reason, others can’t read me. The only person who truly knew what was going on was just Lani. That’s one of the reasons why she’s my best friend, but then again, she knows complicated also. Her relationship with Luke was one heck of a complicated situation, but they are adorable. As adorable as Calum’s relationship with his girlfriend, Jenna who is Lani’s cousin. I met her a few times, and she is truly a cool girl and I can see the family resemblance personality wise.

“Send me those tea bags you gave me for my birthday!” I said to Lani during my break and decided to webcam her, “Those were delicious.”

“And you said you would never ever like tea.” Lani started laughing as I rolled my eyes, “Shut up and send it to me, will ya?”

“Of course, of course,” Lani nodded, giving me that stupid smile of hers, “Just keep sending me those delicious caramel waffle things! Those are amazing!”

“Deal.” I couldn’t help but to smile back, then out of nowhere, I hear a familiar call for my name.

“LEELEE!” I only know one person ever calls me that, then Lani dropped her head, and sighed, “I know, Natalie.”

“Thank you!” I said to her, as she passed her phone to a familiar crazy haired weirdo, who gave me that goofy smile of his, “Hi MiMi!”

“That still sounds girly.” Michael shook his head disapprovingly, and I shrugged, “I think it’s adorable like you!”

“Shut up. I’m too punk rock for that.”

“Shut up, and just accept a compliment like a gentlemen you are, fucker.”

“You treat me well, my love.” Michael grinned at me, which made me feel those butterflies in my stomach.

I’ve been talk to Michael for a while, and you can say it’s one of those “friends” friendship. We talk like lovers, but we’re really not, since we consider ourselves the best of friends. No, no, don’t get it confused with Luke and Lani, and ask who friendzoned who. I just moved in London, while Michael and the guys are busy writing. Michael is trying to convince me that they’re not busy but I think otherwise. I’m busy trying to live a new life right now, and I get busy. The time zone differences aren’t easy also, whenever I have a chance to talk to Michael for a while, I take it and try to enjoy it as much as I can.

“NATALIE!” I heard Ro calling out my name, “Break’s over! Get your butt over here!”

“Coming!” I yelled back and pouted at MIchael, “Gotta go, babe.”

“Awww,” Michael fell his head back, and pulled it forward, sighing, “Okay, gonna miss your compliments, Leelee. It’s not every day that a girl comments on my adorableness.”

“Whatever, you prick.” I chuckled, and waved, “Bye, Mimi.”

“See ya soon, babe.” Michael smiled and waved back before I pushed the end button.

Yeah, that’s friendship right there.

“So, Natalie,” Ro nudged me after our shift was over, “Wanna come with me to hang out with some people tomorrow?”

“Define some people.” I fixed my things and was curious who was coming to this hang out.

“As in, Tom, Michelle, Alexa, John, Tawni, Tom..”

“You said Tom Twice.”

“That’s because you would like to see Tom twice as much.”

“Clever,” I chuckled as I put my bag over my shoulder, and shook my head, “But no thanks.”

“Natalie!!” Ro started pulling my arm, whining, “Just one hang out!”

Should I? Eh, I’m not much of a hang out person. Besides, every time I do meet people, only a few amount would stay beside me. When I mean few, I mean Lani and Ro. That’s probably it.

“But you know how people are around me.” I explained to her, and she nodded, “Yeah, that’s why you should meet more people!”

“If I say yes, would you shut up?”

“Ouch,” Ro winced but smiled at me as she put her arm around my shoulder, “But what a trooper, Natalie.”

“Shut up, and buy dinner already.” I rolled my eyes at her, annoyed. I knew she would act like this since we got it her way which is rare, but hey, friendship.

Even though I’m friends with very little people, I’m glad that I have the people who deals with me today.

I promise I’m not a terrible person.

Just a bit twisted in a way.
----------------------------------------------

eh, sucky introduction, but this is just show you guys a bit of Natalie's personality ^^

AHHHHH. SOMETHING TWISTED IS STARTING.

I'M EXCITIED <3

Also,

SHOUT TO LUNARCHILD. SERIOUSLY, GUYS CHECK HER OUT. SHE GOT AN ADORABLE "COMPLICATED" LOVE STORY & A EXTREMELY CUTE CAMERON DALLAS FANFIC!
SHOW HER SOME LOVE PLEEEEASE ^^