Chapter 26

"Are you sure?" When he finally looked at the documents Gaara's eyes hardened. The subordinates before him gave a nod. "Their plan seems to be to infiltrate the leaf village. Our spies are trying really hard to get the individuals, put it's tough. Information is being transferred in a small circle. They are keeping their group tight to ensure nothing goes wrong." Gaara nodded.

"Thank you for your efforts. " The men before him bowed. "Of course sir. If we get anything else we'll bring it immediately. " With that they were excused.

Gaara left heading back to his office with scattered thoughts. There still wasn't much intel on who exactly was a part of this terrorist group. He wanted to deal with this inside his village. He couldn't deal with the break of a war, not at all. He stood in front of the door opening it. You looked up when he entered. Your eyes turned serious when you saw the look on his face.

"It's really bad huh." you asked. Gaara gave a nod. You looked down. "I really hate these kinds of conflicts. It's just another group of people after power, it never seems to end." you clench your fist. Gaara stepped forward taking your hand in his. "We will stop them. " you looked into his eyes, feeling a sense of relief. You smiled. "Of course we will. You have me after all." you boasted with a grin.

"Of course." he said with a cute smile. You blushed. "A-Anyway I should leave you to your work. I'll be heading to get some sleep. Can't work if you're tired right." you were about to walk off but he took your hand, halting you. "Would you mind sleeping beside me tonight?" you froze looking at him with a heavy blush. "I-I.." your eyes moved to the floor as you tried to calm yourself down. "S-Sure." you answered. He smiled warmly.

"Then shall we head to bed." you nodded as he held your hand leading you to his room. You were thankful no one was there to see just how embarrassed you were.

Gaara chuckled. "There's no need to look so worried, I won't try anything." you released a breath.

"Yet." he added, You flushed. "S-Stop teasing me!" you shouted annoyed. Gaara just smiled as the both of you retired to his room. 

You stepped in expecting it to be really extravagant. It was pretty classy, a big bed, a nice view, but everything else was pretty much simple.

"It's nice." you said. Gaara nodded. "Thank you."

He moved over to the closet pulling out some things. When he walked back to you with items in his hand you realized what it was. He handed you a towel and some loose clothing. "I know you probably packed items to sleep in but if you prefer these you can use them." you took them gratefully. "Thank you. I think I left my stuff in your office and I really don't want to get it so these will do for now. " You pressed a kiss to his cheeks as you walked over the bathroom.

Gaara watched your retreating form with a smile.

~~

When you had finished showering you walked out wearing what you assumed was a shirt and pants that belonged to Gaara. It was a bit baggy in comparison to your own clothing but it felt so comfortable. It smelled just like him too. You wrapped your hand around yourself with a smile as you let out a content sigh. You sniffed the sleeves with a grin. "Glad to see you liked them." you jumped at his voice. "W-Why are you always sneaking up on me!" you hollered annoyed.

"I can't help it, your reactions are always so adorable. " you huffed. Gaara moved to enter the bathroom. "I should probably freshen up for bed as well. " you looked as he stood at the entrance. "I could always use an extra hand (Y/N)." you blushed at his insinuation.

He smirked as he turned closing the door behind him. "T-This guy..." you grumbled as you glared at the door. 

You could tell it was going to be a long night.