Chapter 12

"Where am I...did I die?"  Everything was bright around you, the room was glowing a soft blue. The tender atmosphere felt so relaxing. You stood for a second sucking in a breath, for the first time in a while everything around you felt peaceful. 

"(Y/N)-chan." a masculine voice called. Your body turned slowly, breath catching in your throat.

"O-Otou-san... OTOU-SAN!!!" you cried out running into the older male's arms. He laughed out loud lifting you into the air. "You've grown pretty well!" he complimented spinning you around. The sounds of you laughter filled the space as you smiled.

"You're  spoiling her as usual (F/N). " a woman stated unimpressed.

Your father lowered you to the ground as he chuckled nervously. "Come on, don't be like that. Does someone one a kiss~" Your mother's cheeks colored as she turned with a huff. You giggled as you ran over wrapping your hands unto her shoulders as she hunched forward at the sudden weight. "I missed you Oka-san." you whispered as her eyes softened.

"W-Wait a second how did I get here!?!" you asked panicked. Your father poked you on the forehead  as you stumbled back. "Quit panicking,  you're  not dead." he assured. 

You were quiet for a while looking at the ground. "I-I wasn't strong, w-when he came back I ran!" you shouted hands shaking at your sides.

"I ran... just like the coward I was ten years ago..."

Footsteps approached you as a hand rested on your shoulder. You looked up at your father's eyes expecting to see some kind of disappointment. They sparked with pride catching you by surprise. "You were brave (Y/N)-chan, you've lived all this time all on your own. Even became a skilled ninja of the Konoha." You mother nodded beside him.

"Even got yourself a little boyfriend." she teased as you blushed brightly.

"Otou-san does not approve!!" you father cried hugging you protectively. A vein appeared on your mother's head. "Be quiet (B/N)!!" you mother ordered punching her husband on the head. He fell back twitching on the floor. You sweatdropped. "Even now she beats him." You shouldn't have expected any less. 

"What's important is you found the strength to live, even without us. Just that shows how truly brave you are. We're grateful to have a daughter like you (Y/N)." Your father stood as they both placed a hand on your head. Your eyes welled up again at her words. "A-Arigatou, Oka-san."

"We'll always be watching over you and your brother, protect each other and continue to live."

Eyes closing you smiled. "I will, Oka-san....Otou-san." They looked over with curious eyes.

Your smile brightened. "I love you!!" you yelled happily.

Both blushing at your cute expression they smiled, bodies slowly fading. 

 "Be safe (Y/N) We love you."