Chapter 11

You tripped crashing harshly into the the rocky surface. Wincing you staggered to your feet hands trembling. You hadn't realized you had zoned out for so long.

"Thought you'd never stop running." a voice laughed behind you. Flinching you shot up to your feet, about to take off again when a large paw came down on your body. You whimpered as it pressed your body into the ground harder.

"That's enough, I'll take it from here." just like that the weight on your back vanished. You looked to the side weakly. The wolf was no longer there.

"Your gonna pay, all you brother had to do was come with us, but he refused. It's his fault they all died."

Your eyes grew enraged as you pivoted your body forward with the last of your strength. He jolted back when your body collided with his as you bit into his shoulder. He screamed in pain stabbing a kunai into your stomach. You fell backwards unto the ground breathing unevenly. Blood gathered around the wound on your abdominal, clothes practically in shreds.

"Stupid brat!! I'm not gonna let you get away like your brother did."

You stared in shock at his statement. "Oni-san escaped.."

He drew his sword pointing it at your body. You closed your eyes tightly preparing for the blow. There was no way you were going to get away. Gripping your stomach you grunted at the pain that spread throughout your body.

 Tears streamed down from your closed lids. 

This was it.

"I'll protect you...with my life!" your eyes shot open at the familiar voice, pupils shaking.

The figure in front of you blocked the sword with his hand. His hair was long, almost reaching his back. The clothing he wore looked similar to what you had seen the ANBU in, except the outfit was mostly black. Armored plates were places on various parts of his body. The rogue ninja looked just as stunned as you at the sight. "H-How are you..."

"I promised them I would protect you with my life (Y/N)." 

"O-Oni-san...." The male grinned as he shoved the rogue back. He stumbled dropping his sword. He looked scared out of his mind. Turning swiftly, he was about to run off.

"Not so fast..." (B/N) pulled out a couple shuriken, throwing it in the rogue's direction pinning him to the tree. In a blink he appeared before the rogue.

"P-Please..spare me.." he begged pathetically. Your brother looked emotionless, he didn't show an ounce of forgiveness. 

"Begging will not help you, it's time you paid." Your brother spoke harshly.

(B/N) did a few hand signs not even blinking when he delivered his attack. "Fire Style!" he spoke without hesitation. He fired the attack burning the rogue ninja alive. Screams echoed throughout the the forest as birds scattered into the air. When he was positive the rogue was dead he lowered his hands. 

You were staring as (B/N) turned back in your direction sheathing his weapon. He dropped to his knees next to your battered form, looking at you pained. 

"I can't believe he's actually..."  Reaching out to touch him your hand froze.

"I-Is it really you...Oni-san.." you asked hesitantly. He stared at you for a few seconds before a couple tears ran down his cheeks. He smiled pulling you into his arms. Burying his face into your neck he cried shaking against your body. You returned the hug letting out tears of your own holding him just as tight.

"Thank you, Oni-san..." Your eyes turned hazing as you collapsed against him.