Chapter 18

IN this chapter I'll give your brother a name since I'm a bit tired of referring to him as just Oni-san. :3 So His name is Keiji now.

Onward with the story.

Today was a particularly lazy day. You had recently convinced Lady Tsunade to let you go out on a mission and she had finally agreed. Shortly after completing it you made your way back to your apartment. All you wanted right now was a bath and a good night sleep.

Walking slowly you gazed at the many shops in Konoha with a pleasant sigh.

"It's good to be back home." You continued to walk until you saw your brother a couple feet away. You smiled about to run over to him until you spotted him chatting animatedly with Shizune. Freezing you watched as they talked, your brother's cheeks turning a light shade of red at something she said. Ton Ton was clenched to her chest as usual.

A small smile made its way on your lips at the scene. You couldn't remember the last time you had seen him smile so happily. You snickered to yourself as you ran up, sneaking up behind them.

"So how is (Y/N)-san doing with everything that's happened?" you heard Shizune ask as she turned to Keiji waiting for a reply. He looked down at his shoes. "In all honesty, (Y/N) is a lot stronger than I am. Ever since we were kids she's always been the sturdy one. I always treated her like a little kid cause I was a bit envious, she was so mature for her age. I'm sure after what happened....she never really cried about it, especially in others company." Shizune was listening attentively and you were walking a couple steps behind quietly.

"Even when we were kids she always tried to play it off when she was hurt, whenever she was in pain, she'd laugh it off so our parents wouldn't get worried. She's the strongest person I've ever known. She'll pull through."

You bit your lips to stop them from quavering. Without thinking you jumped towards him from behind grabbing unto his torso. Keiji stumbled forward at the sudden weight letting out a startled sound.

"(Y-Y/N)?!" he called out surprised watching you from the side. You grinned up at him unlatching from his torso as you pulled at his arm. When he leaned down you placed a kiss on his cheek pulling back with a grin.

"See ya later Keiji!! You yelled out running off in the direction of your apartment.

Keiji stood watching your retreating form in shock. Shizune was trying her hardest to control her laughter at Keiji's bewildered look.

"I think...she... heard you." Shizune said between giggles. Keiji turned to the medical ninja with an embarrassed smile. "I guess so..." He watched as you (H/C) locks disappeared into the sea of people.