Back to Basics and Baking

From the very beggining you knew that your time with him was short.

You were going to miss Ace much but you were happy that time allowed you to meet. You hoped that time would allow some more fateful encounters with people you careed deeply about as well.

'Although now that I think about it... I'm gonna seriously worry about those guys...'

It's been 2 month since Ace and his friends had left, and right now, you were completely focused on your job. You'd been a bit behind on sales 2 months ago due to everything that was going on but Alivia was now back in Buisness mode and wasn't having any excuses. She's been getting more trade deals for the bakery and even though you beg her to keep you low profile, you know she doesn't listen. Surprisingly, ever since the festival, more people have been coming to the bakery and ordering. So sales have risen, completely compensating for the last few months of guests and half days.

'That dance must've really put me on the map! There are so many orders for cakes and breads' you smiled.

Aside from helping Ace and Luffy, your own dream was to run a nice,sweet bakery and so far your were doing well.

"Thank you for your purchase Mr Redding! I really appreciate it!" you smiled at the man as you placed two glazed cinnabun cakes infront of him.

"It's not like I had a choice (y/n), your cakes are too addictive. I'm no longer able to control myself anymore" he laughed as he wrapped the cakes in a bag. "And keep the change (y/n)!" he yelled as he ran out the store.

'Why do they keep doing that!' you sighed as you put the money into the registor and moved onto the next customer.

"Hey (y/n)! can I get two fresh loaves to go!" "I'll need one loaf and a slice of that lemon drizzle cake!"
"Can I get a the gluten free velvet cake?!"

"Coming right up!" you called to your customers, taking out some fresh loaves and preparing the ingredients for the cake.

A two months ago you probably would've drowned in the flood of orders that customers were giving, but now you were used to it. Besides if you were gifted at anything, it was definitely your ability to multi-task. Your movements were efficient and effective.

"Two fresh loaves for you and a fresh loaf with a slice of lemon drizzle... that'll be 48 berries for you and 34 berries for you" you placed the orders on the counter and smiled.

"Thanks (y/n), you're a star" he said as he placed the money on the counter and walked out.

"The offer to marry my son still stands you know?" The man wiggles his eyebrows as he walked out the store.

"Thank you, but I'll have to decline! Too busy!" You laughed as you carried a bag of flour to the back. "Your gluten free velvet cake will be ready by tomorrow Gemma!" You informed.

"Thanks (y/n)! I'll see you tomorrow then!" She waved as she walked off.

'Phew! I think that was the last of them for now... maybe I'll get some time to myself...'

"(Y/n)!!!"

'I spoke too soon' you looked up from the counter and saw three mucky boys bounding towards you.

Each one had a twig or two sticking out of their hair and left a trail of mud behind them. You grimaced slightly at the mess they dragged in.

"(Y/N)! You'll never guess what we just did!" Isaac beamed.

"I think I can..." you shook your head "You walked into my bakery and left a trail of dirt" you gave a disapproving look.

The three boys paused for a moment. They looked at each other, then at themselves then back at you. They were all smiling nervously as they fidgeted under your gaze. After a good seven minute lecture they went outside to clean themselves off then came in to clean the mess they'd made. Each very apologetic about their actions.