Familiar Stranger

S0000000ooooooo did you suffer from my evil cliff-hanger? did you? DID YOU??? WELL SUFFER NO MORE!?!?! For I am back with a new chapter for you all!!!!

But please know that I own nothing but the plot of this story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Billows of hot air poured out the oven soon followed by the sweet scent of vanilla. With a moderate amount of flapping you cleared a path to take out the fluffy sponge cake base.

"Oh (Y/n)! It's so nice to have you back, I missed your baking so much!"

"I missed you too Gemma" you smiled "But I can't guarantee my baking this time, since I am making this from my home oven. Being locked out of my own bakery is such a hassle"

'If I knew she was going to be this long then I wouldn't have told her about the secret key I left with the Jim' you groaned

"You know that Liv was only doing what she thought was best" She chuckled "and it's not like it stopped you completely"

"You do make a valid point" you nodded as you wrapped up the cake and placed it carefully into her basket alongside the fresh bread you'd made earlier. "Aaaand your good to go!"

Dusting off your hands after removing your apron, you made your way round to Gemma who was lifting her basket and fishing out some berri for your troubles.

"You truly are a blessing to us (Y/n)" she affirmed, clasping your hands as she stuffed the berri into your palms, "Don't you ever forget that"

"I bet you say that to everyone who gives you cake" you joked

"Come stop by for dinner when you have the chance, my husband is desperate to set you up with his cousin in the Revolutionary army" she prodded "But personally I'm rooting for those good looking merchants who are always stopping by"

'Of course' you thought as you respectfully declined the offer, although you did pick up on her distinct laughter.

"Well it can't be helped, you only have eyes for the bad boys" she shrugged

"WHA!?" your hands flew to your face to hide your embarrassment as you let out a pathetic whine. "Is that what people are saying about me now... I just want to help..."

With this new information, you sluggishly followed Gemma to the door only to jump out of your skin when she abruptly stopped and twirled round to face you "Oh and (Y/n)!" She beamed

"Yes?" You asked wearily

"That's a nice hoodie you got there, make sure to keep it safe" she winked at you before trotting merrily down the path.

Your (s/c) cheeks flushed burned even brighter than before.

'That woman is way too observant sometimes' you grumbled as you gripped onto the said hoodie.

Just the feeling of the soft fabric against your fingertips was enough to send you into a state of nostalgia.

————————————————————————————

The concoction of feelings rapidly swirling around inside you was only overpowered by the reassuring sense of comfort. Careful not to crease the prompt letter tied carefully to the gift on your bed, you slowly placed it on the side and proceeded to lift your neatly folded gift. A soft chuckle left your lips encouraging a tear to slip past your defences as you surveyed the present. Before you were a large oversized hoodie in black and on its chest was Law's insignia in your (f/c). He wasn't letting the bracelet thing go. That and it was definitely your weakness.