Pancakes and Halos

After the therapy session from the last chapter, I thought this one should be tame...no surprises... Just peace...😇...

I own nothing but the plot people!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's been a long time since I've used these..." you carefully adjusted the origami flower in your hair, resisting the urge to fidget any more "... I'll get used to it"

Throwing on your ever-reliable oversized hoodie and leggings, you skipped down the stairs. Sunlight poured through your kitchen windows as the sound of your stoves being set aflame was like music to your ears.

"Today is a day for pancakes" you concluded

Like clockwork, you prepared the required ingredients for your designated dish and got started on making the batter. But by all means, this did not hinder you in multitasking and preparing a fresh fruit salad, eggs and meat.

'Can she do it? Can she flip another perfect pancake?' you narrated as you lined yourself up for the spectacle, 'And here she goes...'

"You changed your hair!" An unexpected voice commented.

"AAGH!" You screamed flinging the pancake in the air, yet again. "Watch out!"

The half-dressed raven chuckled as he caught the pancake in his mouth and proceeded to eat.

"Morfnin'!" Ace grinned with half a pancake.

'Was that even cooked properly?' You gave a concerned look 'oh well he's a man of flames, he'll work something out'

"Please don't sneak up on me like that, it's not good for my heart!" you chided "And you shouldn't have eaten that, there were good ones on the side"

Amid your worry, Ace had somehow found his way to your person. Perching his head on your shoulder and arms fastened around your waist, he continued to chew on his morning snack whilst focusing on waking up. It felt a lot like your previous mornings with Ace, and it made you feel warm and fuzzy inside to know that even with all the time and distance, nothing had changed between you.

"Good morning to you too" you finally leaned into his embrace, something he acknowledged with a low hum.

Pouring the aromatic sticky batter into the pan, you had no issue in

"You changed the colours" Ace repeated.

Ace was referring to the flowers in your hair. At the forefront of your crown, your vivre flower sat proudly, and the vibrant blue flowers were still there, but they were no longer just blue. Instead, they were accompanied by a different selection of red and yellow flowers. It was like the one you used to wear back when you were kids, living together in an abundance of fun and chaos... Carefree... Free...

You spun round to face him in his arms, but when you came face to face with a large bare chest you were stunned into the only natural response.

'I only have one chance...' you reported 'I must make it count'

Reaching your arms around and bringing them back together again to meet at his waist.

... You began to button up his shirt...

'My school for the shirtless has hope!'

Carefully fiddling between fabric and buttons, you spoke calmly as your mind celebrated your new victory of maintaining Ace's dignity within your proximity. Your fingers would occasionally brush against his skin as you forced the buttons through the hole and worked your way up.