Morning After

Let's just say that stuff happened in life that caused a huge delay in my writing... The number of times I wrote the entire chapter, something happened, I left, I came back then hated it and deleted it all is incalculable... I'm exhausted... I just hope this will suffice for you guys T.T

Also, in my absences, I have been called many things in the comment section, the most recent being 'mom'?... What's up with that? Y'all know I'm an evil overlord... Right?

ANYWAY!!! I own nothing but the plot!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"(y/-........(Y/n)?.........(Y/n)!"

A firm hand snatched your wrist before you could accidentally dice your finger off. You responded to the quick save with a sophisticated

"Huh!?"

"That was close" Sanji breathed "You need to be careful (Y/n)"

"I-I'm so sorry Sanji!" you panicked, completely ignoring what Sanji said and almost dropping the knife on your foot "I wasn't paying attention!"

Sanji caught the knife - yet again - and stared at you with increased concern. He leaned in close, inspecting your face for any clues that might help him deduce your embarrassingly frequent absentmindedness. Actually, there was no need for him to look, it was so painfully obvious. 

"Are you hurt?" he gave your hand a once-over look.

"...I'm alright" you assured him briskly taking the knife from him and beginning to wash it. "I honestly don't know where my head is today..."

He didn't believe you and you couldn't blame him. As soon as the Strawhats had walked through your front door for breakfast, Luffy announced that they would be taking down Big Mom and of course, this inspired a whole different problem. Not that you were present for any of it. Oh no, you were fast asleep, and by the time you'd woken up and discovered that Ace hadn't come back home, you'd found yourself becoming listless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[A little bit earlier]

'...He hasn't come back yet...' you reminded yourself

You wrestled tirelessly with your feelings. A lot happened last night and many words were exchanged. Some hurtful, some false, and some true. You struggled with your emotions but no matter what happened, nothing should've resulted in your conversation ending like that... And now Ace was missing...

'Perhaps-! No!... What's done is done...' you reminded yourself as you aggressively patted down your clothes 'Cold water can only do so much for these poor puffy eyes'

You took a deep breath and trudged down the stairs, so lost in thought that you walked straight into a wall. Naturally, you let out a helpless yelp followed by a pathetic mewl which caught everyone's attention as you proceeded to crouch in the corner holding your face.

"Ow... Ow... Ow..." you whined, "...I'm awake now..."

Before you had a chance to recover you were bombarded with wails and hugs.

"(YYY/NNNNN)!!!!"

"I'll make them pay! Don't you worry!"

"(YYY/NNNNN)-SWAAAAN!!!!"

You gasped barely catching Chopper and Nami in your arms, but you completely lost your balance when Sanji tried to join the fray. All four of you landed in a heap on the floor.