Invisible shackles

'Wait... what?'

"Kid you've completely lost me! What are yo-!"

"You're part of Law's crew!" He snarled "did he ask you to do this? Have you told him where we are?!"

'Law?... They know each other?... I thought this bracelet was supposed to prevent fights not encourage them!' You internally screamed.

All of a sudden the memories of being on the slave ship were starting to flood back to you. The fact that you were being restrained, completely powerless, the angry faces and the yelling. The fear was suffocating you. You could feel yourself on the verge of tears; your vision was getting blurry. You were struggling to support yourself, shaking involuntarily.

"Seriously Kid!? If I had a grudge against you why would I try and save your friend?!" You reasoned. "Why are you trying to make me out to be a threat to you?! Please stop Kid! You're scaring me!" You begged.

In that moment the door shot open and Killer was frantically looking around. His eyes landed on your ready eyed form. You'd never been so relieved to see him. Until you remembered his injury.

"YOU SHOULD BE IN BED!" both you and Kid yelled in unison.

"Like hell I should! Focus on your own situation for a moment here (y/n)!" Killer yelled back.

There was a moment of silence where Killer was able to get a better look at the situation, however you didn't like where it was going. You could practically see the dark aura slipping out of Killer's being as he clenched his fists. A few veins visible on the back of his hand.

"What the fuck is going on in here!?" Killer's voice was now dangerously low, so low that even you flinched.

"SHE'S WITH THE HEART PIRATES!" Kid spat.

"No Kid! she helped the heart pirates!" Killer corrected with his deathly calm voice "Now... Let. Her. Go."

You couldn't see Killers face, but right now, that seemed more like a blessing. His body language was basically threatening Kid to challenge his demand. There was a tense moment where it seemed as though Kid was having a very intense staring competition against Killer, but seeing as how Killer was wearing a mask, he obviously won. Kid released an irritated growl as he slowly released your wrists from the tight grasp. You shot up and made sure to create a lot of distance between you and Kid; his amber eyes watching you like a hawk.

"(Y/n) are you ok?" Killer asked, his face still fixed on Kids position.

"Y-yeah I'm fine..." you stuttered, the memory of his hands on your wrists like chains, was still vivid in your mind.

"Good..." Killer sighed. "I apologise for my captain's brash behaviour, like you mentioned earlier he's not good at using his words."

Kid shot a glare at Killer. The force Kid turned caused you to see water droplets fly from his still damp hair. Killer effectively ignored his gaze and continued on with what he was doing.

You quickly checked to see if the bracelet had been damaged in any way, only to let out a sigh of relief when you saw it was perfectly fine. Now that you were looking at your wrists you could see that you were in fact not fine. You could see bruises starting to for from how tightly he was holding you.

'That doesn't look good' you immediately pulled down your sleeves to cover them before Killer has anymore of a reason to start a fight in your house.

"I hate to ask you this now but could you please explain again why you wear that bracelet, It may clear my dumbass captains' head."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Kid snarled.