38

someone bursted into namjoon's room.

"joonie-hyung."

the smaller male went on his knees, quickly putting his arms around the bigger boy.

"i'm here, joonie, i'm here."

namjoon couldn't even lift his head up, just moving to put his head down on the male's shoulder to chest.

he stared to pet his hair, keeping his arms around him. "focus on your breathing. breathe slowly, hyung."

"i-i can f-feel the p-pain again." namjoon spoke up with a weak voice, clutching on his waist where the scar is.

"it's been years since it happened, hyung. you can't feel it anymore."

"p-please stop th-the pain..."

"okay. look at me." he cupped the older's face, looking at him. "look, you're safe. she's not there anymore. she's not going to hurt you anymore. she's gone for good. i know it hurts still, i know. i know you're still scared. breathe slowly, alright?"

he wiped the older's tears away, petting the side of his face.

namjoon held tight on the boy's arms, nails almost digging into his skin.

"loosen your grip, focus on your heart rate." he softly went into a whisper.

namjoon lowered his head back down on the smaller's shoulder.

for almost an hour, namjoon finally was able to calm down.

the younger continued to caress the bigger boy's hair as he breathed softly.

"how do you feel now?"

"..neutral." namjoon mumbled, keeping his hands connected to the boy's arm.

"you can let go."

".......okay." namjoon released his arm.

"i'll tell your father that you're staying home, okay?"

namjoon nodded, moving his head to the edge of the bed so that the boy can get up and walk out of the room.

"i'll get your meds too."

namjoon nodded again.

i messed up the update and posted 38 instead of 37 lol (sorry for people who are reading this while i publish)