14.

25th May, 1940.

Tony had woken up at at 7pm the night before for dinner, immediately returning to sleep once he had finished. He had a total of 11 hours sleep, which is the most he'd had in the last few months.

And he woke up feeling great.

"Jarvis?" He walked into the kitchen, calling for the butler.

"Tony?" Jarvis seemed shocked at Tony's appearance. His bc eyes didn't have bags underneath and he hadn't just thrown on an outfit. His voice was also very cheerful.
"How can I help?"

"Can you please drive me to school?" Tony smiled.

Jarvis nodded enthusiastically, quickly putting whatever was previously in his arms down. Tony wanted to go to school, that was more important right now.

"Of course!" He signalled for Tony to follow him to the car.

When Tony arrived at school, he didn't regret his decision, although he knew that he would probably get called out of lesson for yesterday.

He was overcome with guilt.

My dad and Jarvis think I did a full day yesterday...

The boy still hadn't told them that he ran out.

"H-hello?" Tony stopped walking up the stairs once he heard the voice. He didn't recognise it. He turned.

"Hey." There was a girl, about an inch or two taller than Tony, standing directly infront of him. "Are you new?"

"Uhm, yes." The girl nodded. "I don't really know where I'm going..."

"I can take you." The words spilled out of his mouth.

Shit

"Really?" A smile appeared on her face. "Thank you."

The two continued to walk up the stairs, in an awkward silence. That was until Tony made an attempt to start conversation.

"So, where did you move from?" He asked, trying to hide the disinterest.

"Oklahoma."

"All that way?"

"Yes, my mom grew up here and was tired of it back home. She said she preferred the busy city, so we had to move." She sounded irritated.

"Seems like you didn't have a say."

"No, my dad didn't either. She can be a bitch sometimes."

Atleast you have one.

"So... What's your name?"

"Virginia."

"Virginia...?" Tony said, waiting for an answer.

"Virginia Potts."