Hermione Lodge

Maya-Jay POV:

Maya-Jay POV:

"Mrs Lodge? What are you doing here?" I asked as she was in my new apartment since my trailer was burned down.

"Me and Hiram are getting a divorce, may I please stay with you for a while?" She asked me as she was ready to cry. 

"Make yourself at home roomie." I tell her.

She walked in and it was quite but she looked hurt, badly. I walked up to her and gave her the most awkward hug ever. 

"Maya you're the worst in serious situations." Mrs Lodge says giving a small laugh. 

"You're smiling aren't you?" I chuckled along with her. 

"Go have fun, Veronica said there's a cast party or something." She said to me. 

.

I was currently at the cast party and I feel off, like this isn't something that should be happening. I looked over to Betty and see her talking to Evelyn, as everyone started drinking, I knew what she's doing. I walked over to Betty and I already seen her facial expression.

"Look Maya I'm not up for your harassment at the moment." She said.

I stood next to her and I already know she doesn't feel right about this and Evelyn.

"I'm with you on this one Betty, I don't trust her either." I tell her. 

"Glad there's something we can agree on. I have a plan but I'm going to need your help." She tells me. 

I looked up at her and agreed. Me and Betty continued to watch the party, we didn't contribute to drinking nor dancing but the others did, they are easily influenced by her. I seen sweet pea and he seemed hurt, I looked over to see what he was looking at, Archie and Josie we're getting a little too close. Mantle and Veronica snuck off somewhere.

 Mantle and Veronica snuck off somewhere

"She hasn't drunken anything." I tell Betty. 

"What do you mean?" Betty says. 

"Look at everyone they're tipsy, except for us three. This may be a long shot but I think she's trying to make us turn on each other." I said. 

"That's a theory." Betty agrees. 

"Hey ima head- what is she giving Kevin?" I asked Betty.

"I don't know." Betty says. 

"Well I'm gonna head out, I don't feel right at this party." I tell Betty.

..

I got to my apartment with Chinese food for the both of us and I see Mrs Lodge sitting by my fire place. 

"Maya what-what are you doing back so early?" She asked me trying to cover up her tears. 

"Um, just wasn't feeling in a celebratory mood... Alrights that's it, it's weird seeing you like this." I said walking over to my cabinet and grabbing a bottle of wine.

I turned on my tv and put on the outsiders. I poured her a glass as well as me, I placed the food down on my coffee table and she was in confusion.

"Maya what are you doing?" She asked me.

"Well usually when I'm in a down mood I watch a movie and eat, just forget about my problems. Now if you wanna talk, we can talk but I would rather eat." I tell her handing her a cup of wine. 

She quickly drinks it, I grabbed mine and I was about to drink it she takes it from my hand. Oh right, I'm underage. The movie played and we both watched as we ate.

.

"Thank you Maya." Mrs Lodge says to me. 

"What's really on your mind? I know it's not about the divorce, that's just a cover up." I tell her. 

"How do you know?" She asked.

"Because I do the same... all the time." I tell her. 

"I feel like I'm losing my daughter, with all of this family business. She's pulling apart from me." She tells me.

"She'll come around, you know that. No matter what or how damaged she is, she will come back." I tell her. 

"What about you and your mom?" She asked. 

"What mom? I don't even know the lady, so it's different." I tell her. 

"I have this memory of you Maya, when you were a little girl. You stayed in the trailer of yours by yourself, you were probably 10 maybe. It was Christmas, I dropped off gifts for you. I went to your room and seen you asleep. I don't know what came over me but I broke down." She says as tear drops were coming out of her eyes. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"You're mother was more than capable of handling Penny, but she didn't handle her business, she left like a coward

"You're mother was more than capable of handling Penny, but she didn't handle her business, she left like a coward. She was my best friend, I never judged her for anything, never thought of her any less until that night... That night I wanted to take you, I was wondering how can anyone ever leave their child to fend for themselves. I saw how lonely you were but Hiram wouldn't let me take you in, because you were a Ray. Maya never once you shown you were sad, ever. Everyone seen this girl with a big smile, happy everyday." She says and it was quite for some time. 

"Happiest people are always the saddest. You know even if Veronica is drifting apart from you, you both have the memories you've shared. People leave, it happens and the best thing you can do is move on. She's just trying to make you feel miserable, and it's working. If you move on and she realizes what she's doing, she'll come back." I tell her.

"If only I was strong like you Maya. This cruel place has done nothing for you, why do you still try helping people?" She asked me.

"Well Miss lodge, I still try because I don't like people feeling the way I do. It hurts." I tell her.

———