Swords and Serpents

Maya-Jay Ray POV:

Maya-Jay Ray POV:

"Maya... I came to apologize, about what happened with Penny-"

"It's fine Jughead, let's just move on from it." I cut him off because I'm not about to sit here and waste my time telling him things he will never understand. 

"Alright, we cool?" He asked. 

"We're cool jug." I laughed at the face he gave me. 

He pulled me into a side hug. 

"So you ready to go back to school after your little jacket protest?" I asked him. 

"Yeah... I'll race you." He said. 

I looked at him and not even a second later we both sprinted towards our bikes racing to school. Of course I won that challenge. 

"Nice Jay, next pop meal on me." Jones said. 

"Bet." I laughed. 

We both entered the school to the lounge area to see the most hilarious thing ever. 

"What the hell?" Jug said. 

"Oh my god, never in a million years would I have thought you guys would dress like this." I laughed as I pulled out my phone to take a picture them. 

"Weatherbee gave them to us

"Weatherbee gave them to us. Said he understood that not every Southside student had the means to purchase riverdale high acceptable clothes. He thinks this will help us fit in." Toni said. 

"Where fogarty? I gotta see him." I laughed. 

"He wouldn't wear the uniform, so they got rid of him, suspended him." Sweet pea said. 

"So our choices are conform or be cast out." Jug said.

"Yeah." Toni said. 

"Jones! Ray!" We heard Weatherbee yell. 

We looked and seen that he had uniforms for the both of us as well. 

"Oh hell no." I said. 

...

"Aha, who's laughing now." Toni said to me as I was in the uniform.

"I am not going out there." I told her. 

"Come on it's fine, let's go show the boys they are going to love it." Toni said dragging me.

I let out a groan as she dragged me to the hang out lounge.

"Well well well, haven't the tables have turned." Sweet pea said with an annoyed face.

"At least I'm not the one with the turtle neck

"At least I'm not the one with the turtle neck." I said giving him the same energy.

...

"Welcome to the inaugural meeting of the Swords and Serpents Club." Jug head said. 

"Who came up with that stupid name exactly? And what is it?" I asked. 

"Like I told fogarty to lure him back to dear ol' riverdale. We are a gaming group. Sanctioned by Weatherbee, himself. Where like-minded students can meet and connect world building, role playing scenarios inhabiting fantastical hero's and dispatching mythological creatures." Jug said. 

"I know you didn't just sign me up for some geeky club." I complained. 

"Yeah same, what are we really doing here." Toni asked. 

"It's a club, for us. A safe haven where we can be serpents during school hours and under everyone's noses, we're not shedding our skins. We're lying low in y'all grass." Jug said.

....