Locked Up Once Again

Maya-Jay Ray

Maya-Jay Ray

I was walking alone in the halls of Southside high, after Jughead's initiation I've been feeling quite annoyed with it. 

"Hey MJ!" Rocko called me over. 

I walked over towards him. 

"Wassup with the face?" He asked. 

"Uh nothing, what's up." I asked him.

"You tryna make some extra cash?" He asked me showing me his pre rolls. 

"You already know, just like old- shit!" I said as the mayor and policemen barges into the school. 

"Toni! Maya!" I heard Jughead yell. 

I looked and seen Toni down the hall but Jughead was farther down. I ditched Rocko and made a run for until I was pushed into a locker and shoved to the floor getting cuffed. 

"Hey!" I heard Sweet peas voice and I seen him get shoved into a locker. 

"Ow, dumb shit." I said lowly as I was dragged up by the officer. 

Damn I know I'm tough but I'm also tiny. Then I just realized it's only Serpents that got cuffed. 

...

As I was sitting behind bars with Toni and other girl serpents, we kept quiet. No serpent rats out another, unless you want an ass beating. There was investigators calling us one by one but it was taking forever. How could Northside be so stupid, serpents don't even deal jingle jangle. I was staring at the clock watching time go by. Second by second, minute by minute, and hour by hour.

"Ray! Man doesn't that just seem like deja vu, ha! Being a delinquent and criminal must run in the blood, you're out! Anonymous bailout." He said.

"Ha." I said rolling my eyes at him and walking out the cell.

It was night time and no one to be seen, but I felt eyes on me. I walked the sidewalk and I was pulled into an alley way. I would've been scared if I didn't know who it was. 

"Malachai, what the hell!" I lowly whispered. 

"Hey mama, you should be thanking me." He says. 

"You were the anonymous person

"You were the anonymous person." I said to him. 

"Duh, hey listen I can't be out here for long-"

"Yeah me neither I'm a serpent remember." I told him. 

"Soon a Ghoulie." He said to me. 

"What- no.-"

"You see mamas, i am obsessed with you-"

"Okay you're a little weird." I said. "Look, thank you for the bailout but what we had was nothing, alright? I only made deals to find the truth, plus I was lonely." I told him crossing my arms.

"Here's what you missed baby. I know you missed me and this-"

"Okay, and what?" I said getting annoyed knowing this man, he doesnt take no for an answer.

"There's going to be a race, serpents versus Ghouiles. Your boy Jughead challenged me, for us Ghoulies to stop selling JJ at the school." He said as I started to walk off. 

"HE DID WHAT?!" I angrily yelled. 

"If we win we get the Whyte Wyrm and the trailer park... looks like your going to see a whole lotta me." Malachai says. 

"I have a boyfriend." I tell him. 

"Oh really, sweet pea? What does he got that I don't?" He asked. 

"Clothes." I said as I looked at what he was wearing. 

"Real funny, see you at the race. We both know your going to come crawling back to me... Gosh you're so beautiful." He says moving me hair out of my face. 

"Unbelievable." I rolled my eyes. 

Next thing I knew he smashed his lips onto mine. I quickly pushed him off. 

"Malachai, I will never be a ghoulie, we will never be together, and I do not love you." I told him. 

I could tell he was hurt in his eyes but he always played that hard, tough guy act. 

"Whatever." He said. 

We both went our separate ways, I went back to the school to pick up my bike and back home. As soon as I got home I crashed out after the couple days I had.

...