The Missing One

Jughead POV:

Jughead POV:

I woke up in pain, as I looked around the room I seen I was in the hospital. I looked over and seen my dad asleep with his face beaten. 

"Dad?" I called him and he woke up. 

"Jug?" He grunts. 

"What did I miss? Where's maya?" I asked him tiredly. 

"What you did brought every serpent I've ever known out of the wood work. Including Maya's parents and you would've been proud of em boy. It looked like we were gonna win the day, but in the end there were just to many ghoulies. It just like shooting snakes in a barrel." My dad tells me. 

"Why? Why did you go? And where's Maya?" I asked. 

"I wanted to avenge you." He said. 

"I had an agreement with Hiram Lodge." I told him.

"There was not stoping the others. They were churned about you and fangs, even though fangs is- he's alive." He told me.

"Dang is alive? But I thought a deputy called you and told you he was dead." I said to him confused. 

"Yeah, that was a lie." He tells me.

"A ploy you mean, to goad the serpents into a fight they couldn't win. All of riot night was Hiram Lodge orchestrated mousetrap and the serpents followed me right into it.... Dad where's maya?" I asked again.

"Sunny side trailer park fell, and while ours is still standing most of them burned, including MJ's.... jug, after the rumble some of the serpent defected, they joined the ghoulies, others were arrested. More went into hiding, the rest, they left town." My dad says to me. "The serpents they don't exist anymore. We had our time. Nothing for you to do but get better and to be there for Betty." 

"Dad, what happened to Betty? You still haven't told me about maya." I tell him. 

"Maya... Maya." His voice broke. 

"Is it true? Is she really my cousin?" I asked. 

Tears were in my fathers eyes, he nodded his head yes. I was confused on what happened.

"Jug what was the last thing your remember?" He asked me. 

"I remember when I showed up she was tied up but she managed to get out. I punched a ghoulie and she, she- I don't know." I told him trying to remember. 

I looked over to him and tears were in his eyes. 

"Jughead, Maya was one hell of a fighter. She saved you boy, that's what she does, she saves you like your her little brother. Maya, jug we brought her to the hospital the same night we brought you in, she was in worse shape than you jug." He tried saying. 

"Dad, she can't be dead." I tell him. 

"The doctors managed to get her all checked up and did tests, when we received the results on the tests they ran on her. Jug, she's missing again, we think the ghoulies took her again." He told me. 

"Dad, you have to get her back." I told him. 

"Jug... the doctors believe she's pregnant." He said.

———