No Serpent Stands Alone

Maya-Jay Ray POV

Maya-Jay Ray POV

I was over for breakfast at the jones before me and jug had to go to school.

"I was thinking about our Penny problem." Jughead says out of no where.

'Good thing I came over. What does Ms Peabody have going on behind my back.'

"My problem, not ours." Fp tells him.

"Well, I am the one she has on camera delivering drugs." Jug says.

"How I deal with Peabody is not your concern, I'm handling it." Fp said to him.

"By pimping the serpents out as drug runners?" He said.

"Boy!... Toss them in the corner." Fp answered the door.

"Hey, what's in the bags Tall boy?" Jughead asked.

"Hey, what did I just say? Mind your damn business and get to school. MJ stay." Fp tells us.

"Go jug." I told him.

I stayed behind at the jones trailer with Tall boy and Fp, while jug went to school.

...

As us serpents that attend Southside high, we didn't attend school. We were busy wrapping presents for the people of Southside. I heard the door open and it was Jug.

"What's this?" He asked us.

Toni explains to him and Fp came in with Tall boy.

"Why aren't you in school?" Fp asked jug.

"It's a half day before break." Jug says to him.

I continued to wrap some presents with the gang. Moments later Fp called out for me.

"Sweet pea, MJ. You're with us." Fp ordered us.

I looked over at Sweetpea who was in charge of the food donations. Great. We both followed Tall Boy and F.P.

...

I tried getting some sleep until Jughead texted the serpents group chat telling us to meet him. I quickly put on my shoes and head to the area he said to meet him. I sat next to fangs and fangs sat next sweets. We waited for others to come but I was dozing off from how tired I was.

"Penny Peabody has my dad dealing drugs, I know this because she had me doing it before him

"Penny Peabody has my dad dealing drugs, I know this because she had me doing it before him. Now, she's roped in Tall boy, Sweet pea, and MJ-"

"Man, if you're pissed because your old man tapped us in instead of you-"Sweet pea was cut off by Jug.

"No sweet pea. I'm pissed because I don't want the serpents to end up like the Ghoulies. And I doubt that any of you became a serpent just to be at the beck and call of a drug queen pin. I know where this ends, death, jail. Which is why in the interest of self preservation. We have to take out penny." Jughead said to us all.

"Snake charmer has helped some of us." Sweets tells jug.

"Oh yeah? And what did she ask for return Sweet pea? Huh? How many favors?" Jug asked him.

"Now I'm curious on what type of favors you had to do for her?" I said to sweets.

He looked at me because these are the first words I have said to him all day.

"Now, if we don't stop Penny tonight, she is going to get every single one of us in on this. I promise you. I promise you, sweet pea. What I am asking is, are you willing to risk your necks to save my dads life?" Jug asked us all.

Everyone was quiet for a moment because this boy just lets them choose, me no. I'm all for the laws, and no serpent stands alone.

"WHAT! Is the first law? Everyone!" I yelled at them.

"NO SERPENT STANDS ALONE!" Everyone yelled.

"Excellent." I smiled as everyone agreed to stand with Jug.

...