A Ship Sets Sail

Walking through the doorway, Kaede paused and looked at the people gathered. "Hey guys. Did you all get one of these notes too?" She held up the piece of paper she had found slipped under the door of her dorm. Written in a messy, frantic scrawl, it asked her to meet up to talk about 'a matter of life and death, the most pressing issue this world has ever faced!' At the bottom the note was signed, Tsumugi.

"Yes." Kibo replied. "It is quite strange. If all Tsumugi wanted was to talk then all this secrecy wasn't necessary, not to mention the fact that she hasn't even shown up yet."

"I'm more concerned with this last part," Korekiyo said, reading off his note. "'Do not, under any circumstances allow Kokichi or Shuichi to know what you're doing.' It sounds very suspicious."

"Oh, I know, I know!" Angie shouted. "I bet Tsumugi wants us to help her play a prank on them!"

 "Seriously," Miu whined, barely avoiding flashing everyone with her feet resting on the table in front of her. "If that's all this is I'm gonna be pissed at her for wasting my precious time."

"I don't think that's it," Maki said. "She doesn't really seem like the type to play a prank."

"I agree with Maki Roll," Kaito added. "She's pretty smart when it comes to reading people."

Maki looked at him from the corner of her eye. "Don't think that's going to win you any bonus points with me. You're going to have to try harder than that."

"W-what? I have no idea what you mean," Kaito lied, badly. He was blushing.

"Maybe she wants to throw them a surprise party?" Rantaro suggested from where he was leaning against the wall.

"For what?" Ryoma asked. "I'm pretty sure neither of their birthdays are coming up any time soon. And besides, if that was the case then why would we keep it a secret from both of them? It's not like they have the same birthday."

"Dealing with all this suspense is a pain," Himiko complained. "Maybe I should just leave. You all can tell me about what happened later."

"That's a great idea Himiko!" Tenko agreed.  "After all, if this has something to do with those degenerate males, then it's probably nothing important. We can go to the dining hall and eat lunch together! Ooh, or maybe we can take a walk in the park,  just the two of us!"

"Nyeh, on second thought maybe I'll stay here after all."

"Oh, um, that's okay too. Whatever you want to do," Tenko said, looking down at her shoes, her disappointment radiating from her posture.

"Tenko look sad," Gonta said, his tone sympathetic. "If you want, Gonta can go to park with you. We can look for bugs together! Meeting new bug friends always make Gonta feel happy."

Tenko's head snapped up, her glare piercing, but before she could say anything, Kirumi stepped in. "Gonta, I don't think that's a good idea right now. Tsumugi asked to meet us here. If we left now, we won't be able to hear what she has to say."

"Kirumi's right," Kaede said. "If Tsumugi called us all here, it's probably something important. Let's just be patient." She entered the room and closed the door behind her.

(Several minutes later)

"All rights that's it!" Miu yelled, getting to her feet and stomping towards the door. "I got important things to do! If that bitch thinks she can make ME, the gorgeous girl genius, drop everything to wait for her then she's got another thing coming. I'm out-"

The door slammed open, nearly hitting Miu, who jerked back so fast she fell to the floor. "Hey, watch what you're doing! You almost damaged my beautiful face! Do you know how devastated the world would be to loose such a valuable treasure!"