Detective Kokichi

Horror had frozen Kokichi where he stood. The view in front of him made him want to vomit. There, on the floor, was an obvious crime scene.

Kokichi swallowed his revulsion. It was his duty to examine the scene to determine what had happened so the culprit could be brought to justice. That thought brought a little comfort, but still did not stop him from shaking as he analyzed the grisly sight.

The floor was covered in a bright... fluid, one he didn't even want to think about. The precious lifeblood pooled in one area and traveled along the seams between the tiles. And in the middle of the puddle, his beloved laid facing sideways, motionless.

Kokichi took a deep breath and pursed his lips. No matter how unpleasant, this was something he had to do, for his beloved's sake.

He took another deep breath to calm himself, then got to work.

First, he examined the fluid. The puddle had round edges, which suggested it had flowed out from a stationary source, that source obviously being the victim. However, there was also splatter around the victim in a rough semicircle, suggesting the victim had not slowly slid down, but had fallen with some amount of force.

The fluid itself had not dried yet. Kokichi stuck his finger in the sticky liquid and shivered. It wasn't warm, cool, but not cold. The crime must have happened relatively recently.

Next, Kokichi examined his surroundings. On a counter he spied a kitchen knife. He picked it up and examined it closely. It was completely clean, but the culprit could have just washed it. Kokichi made a mental note of it nonetheless, and put it back on the counter. When searching another counter, he found more splatter on its edge. Could the victim have been hit against the side of the counter?

Kokichi swallowed. Now it was time for the worst part. He crouched beside his beloved and carefully examined the lifeless vessel. The only injury was a perforation in the victim's middle. There were no scratches or bruises, no sign of a struggle. Had the culprit known the victim? Besides the gash, the victim was also rather stiff. Had rigor mortis set in?

Kokichi sighed. He had learned all he could from this, but he still had no clues that lead to the culprit. As he stood up, he couldn't help but take one final look. The victim still securely wore their completely pristine cap. It seemed almost out of place.

Suddenly, the sound of jangling keys and a distant door groaning open reached Kokichi's ears. A chill ran down his back. Was this the culprit returning to the scene of the crime, trying to hide evidence? Regardless of who it was, Kokichi knew he had to stay here and confront them rather than hide. This might be his only chance to apprehend the one responsible for this tragedy.

It was only moments before a person came into view. The person was dressed in all black. His eyes widened in shock and guilt when he saw Kokichi, and he dropped the  shopping bags of cleaning supplies he was holding. It was obvious that this was the culprit.

"W-wait! T-this isn't what it looks like!" the culprit cried.

"Really," Kokichi said skeptically. His mind was racing. Until he came up with a plan, keeping the man talking was his best  option. "I'm pretty sure this," he gestured at the scene, "Looks exactly like what it is."

"N-no, it was an accident," the man insisted frantically. He was speaking so quickly some of his words were intelligible. "I was j-just drinking... my hand slipped... fell against the counter... spilled all over the f-floor."

"Enough!" Kokichi yelled. "You think you can weasel out of this with excuses?"

The culprit looked at him with pleading eyes. "I'm very s-sorry. It really was an accident. Look," he pulled a purple bottle out of his bags. "I got you something to make up for it, so if you could just forget this ever happened..."

Kokichi crossed his arms. "Do you think bribes will work on me?"

The culprit fidgeted nervously. "I-it's more of an apology, I really am sorry, but if t-this isn't enough, I can get you something else."

Kokichi shook his head in disgust. "If you really were sorry, you would have turned yourself in to the proper authorities. Instead, you came here to cover up your crime."

Now the culprit looked confused. "Wait, what are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Kokichi asserted. "You hurt my beloved," he gestured to the victim, "And you're probably coming after me next."

"What!" the culprit exclaimed. "No! You know I'd never hurt you, Kokichi." He started walking closer.

Kokichi held his ground. "I know no such thing."

The culprit reached out and pulled Kokichi into a hug. "Please forgive me," he begged. "I really didn't mean to spill all the Panta."

Kokichi huffed. He knew he couldn't stay mad forever, and reached out to return the hug. "Fiiine, I'll forgive you this time. But don't expect me to be so lenient next time, Shuichi.

Author's note: Okay, so for anyone that is confused, basically what happened is that Shuichi went to get some Panta to drink. He dropped the bottle, which hit the counter and burst open, spilling Panta all over the floor. He went to the store to buy cleaning supplies, but Kokichi discovered the mess before Shuichi got home and blew it out of proportion.