Costume

"Hey, Shuichiii?"

"Yeah?" Shuichi asked suspiciously, looking up from his laptop. He didn't trust Kokichi's tone.

Kokichi put on a sweet face. "Well, Halloween's coming up, and I was wondering-"

"No."

"Wait, you don't even know what I was going to say!"

"You were going to ask if I would go trick or treating with you," Shuichi said, turning his attention back to his work.

"Okay, you did know. But then why did you say no?" There were crocodile tears in Kokichi's eyes. "I just wanted to do something fun with you."

Shuichi sighed and closed the laptop. "I can't. I have work that night."

"Oh come on! You can skip work for just one night. It won't hurt if you call in sick or something."

"I don't know..."

"Please Shuichiiii," Kokichi pleaded.

Shuichi's resolve broke. "Alright."

Kokichi's tears disappeared. "Yay! C'mon, we need to go get costumes!"

"Costumes?" Shuichi looked at him in dismay.

Kokichi looked at him like he was slow. "Yeah. We can't go trick or treating without costumes. Everyone knows that."

Shuichi had a feeling he was going to regret this.

...

The two went to a party store and browsed the costumes.

"Ohh, look at this!" Kokichi cried excitedly. "It's perfect."

Shuichi looked at the costume that caught Kokichi's attention. It was an elaborate pirate costume that looked less than comfortable. But more importantly... "Kokichi, this costume is way too big for you."

"It's not for me silly, it's for you."

"Huh?"

Kokichi looked at him mischievously. "I'm going to choose your costume, duh."

"W-wait, I didn't agree to this!" Shuichi protested.

"Too bad," Kokichi said as he shoved the costume into Shuichi's hands. "Go put it on."

Shuichi huffed but knew Kokichi wasn't going to let him escape, so he just gave in. A few minutes later, he stepped out of the changing room.

Kokichi looked him over with a big smirk. "Aw, you look so cute!"

"C-cute?"

"Yep! That's now your official costume. Time to choose mine now!" Kokichi turned to go back to the costume racks.

"Not so fast," Shuichi said with a slight smile. This was his opportunity to get a little revenge. "If you get to choose my costume, I should get to choose yours. That's only fair, isn't it?"

Kokichi pouted. "You're evil."

"Hey, this was your idea in the first place. Now come on, let's see what we can find."

A few minutes later, Kokichi was in the changing room.

"How are you doing in there?" Shuichi asked. "How long does it take to try it on?"

"I'm not coming out," Kokichi's voice replied, a little muffled because he was behind closed doors.

"Huh? Why not?" Shuichi asked.

"You know why, you picked the costume!"

"You have to leave that room eventually."

"Nope, I'm staying in here forever."

"Well then, call me when you change your mind. I'm leaving." Shuichi turned and walked a few steps before Kokichi's voice rang out behind him.

"Hey! Come back here! Shuichi if you leave me here, so help me when I get out of here I'll... I'll..."

Shuichi interrupted his boyfriend's threat. "I can't afford to wait here forever. So if you won't come out, then I have no choice but to leave."

Shuichi heard an angry growl come from the changing room.

"I hate you so much right now," Kokichi declared, right before he opened the door.

Shuichi couldn't surpress a grin when he saw him.

Kokichi was glaring at him, though the effect was somewhat ruined by the very obvious blush on hi face. Nonetheless, he looked very cute in his maid costume.

"You look beautiful!" Shuichi said, trying not to burst out laughing.

Kokichi crossed his arms. "There is no way I'm wearing this anywhere within eye shot of anyone."

Shuichi just gave a slightly evil smile. "That's okay. There are more costumes you can try."

Shuichi forced Kokichi to try on more and more embarrassing or adorable costumes. Though once Kokichi saw how Shuichi's eyes shone with happiness at every reveal, he resigned himself to it. Or most of it anyway, he drew the line at the nurse costume with the too short skirt.

Finally, Shuichi let Kokichi walk away with a Cheshire Cat costume, though Kokichi suspected it was only because the costume came with kitty ears.

Now back home, Kokichi pretended to be petulant. "I can't believe that you made me try on all those costumes."

Shuichi felt a little bad. "I'm sorry, it's just that you looked so cute, I couldn't help myself."

Kokichi looked at him for moment before giving a reflection of the evil grin Shuichi had made earlier. "Next time, it's your turn."

Author's Note: There was another oneshot I wanted to publish for today, but it isn't ready yet. Expect it in the future though!