Secrets

So, I heard this song and though it really fit with the onehot, so I put it here. It's by a band called Set It Off. Check them out if you've got time, their music is really good.

Night 1

Kokichi got home late today. He looked more tired than normal.

Shuichi jumped up from the couch as soon as he walked through the door. "What happened? You should have called if you were going to be late. I was worried."

Kokichi's weary eyes widened. "Oh, sorry, I just had a long day at work, I didn't mean to worry you. I'll call next time, promise."

Shuichi went up to Kokichi and hugged him, resting his chin on Kokichi's head. "Okay, just don't worry me like that again. Come on, let's go to sleep. You look exhausted."

Night 5

A few days passed, and everything seemed normal. Shuichi barely gave the incident from a few nights ago a second thought.

Or at least, he didn't until he checked my voicemail.

"Hey Shuichi, I've got another gigantic load of work to get done, so I'll be back late. Don't wait up, and try not to miss me too much."

That was the message Kokichi left. It seemed perfectly innocent, Kokichi's voice being cheerful, even teasing at the end.

But Shuichi knew his boyfriend too well. Kokichi lied and joked to hide discomfort, pain, fear, anything he didn't want people to see. It was a habit he had yet to break. That itself didn't other Shuichi -he loved Kokichi the way he was- but it made Kokichi easier to read.

Kokichi was hiding something.

Still, Shuichi trusted Kokichi, so he decided not to question it and went to sleep.

Night 6

Kokichi was late again. He had left a message like last time.

Shuichi decided to wait for Kokichi. He wanted to speak to him about these late hours he was working; it couldn't be healthy.

Shuichi watched as his boyfriend came through the door. Kokichi's shoulders were weighted down with exhaustion. He was looking at the ground as he walked in, and seemed deep in thought.

In the moment before Kokichi noticed him, Shuichi swore he saw something pink on Kokichi's lips.

But then Kokichi did notice him. He quickly at wiped his lips with his sleeve, attempting to make the action look natural.

"Hey Kokichi, I want to talk to you about something," Shuichi stated.

"Why aren't you asleep?" Kokichi asked. "I told you I was coming home late again. Oh, I know. It's because you're afraid of the monsters under the bed, right?"

"I wanted to ask you about your work," Shuichi said, not letting Kokichi sidetrack the conversation. "Why exactly do you keep staying out late? I don't want you to get sick because you worked yourself to hard."

"You don't need to worry about me, I'll be fine. I'm not a fragile as I look." Kokichi closed the door behind him and walked past Shuichi.

"You didn't answer my question."

Kokichi froze and answered with his back turned. "It's nothing, really."

Shuichi didn't believe him.

Night 8

Shuichi was doing the laundry. Like always, he checked every pocket to make sure neither he nor Kokichi left something important in them before putting the clothes in the washing machine. This time, when he searched the pockets on Kokichi's jacket, he found a small paper with a phone number. The paper also had some sort of logo drawn on it, and it smelled faintly of perfume.