Chapter 47: Take a Guess

Start from the beginning

Just like my grandma taught me.

I've never seen someone in so much pain. It's great!! This strangled scream erupts from Pervert Mike's mouth before he clamps his jaw shut tightly and groans. It's not the normal type of a groan either, but a deep, guttural sound that reflects the agony he's undergoing. Tears pool at the corner of his eyes.

I knee him one more time just to be a bitch.

Granny would be so proud of me.

Mom's probably got BooBoo on her lap and is looking down from heaven right now like, "yep, that's my little girl."

I let him drop to the ground, Game of Thrones fashion, innocently stepping over his body and skipping down the stairs, as if I didn't just kick his balls so hard I heard his grandchildren scream.

Downstairs in the dining room, supper is underway.

Without asking, I slip into the empty chair next to Namjoon, who annoyingly doesn't turn to look at me, but mentions anyway, "Jin-hyung is sitting there."

Since when can't I sit next to him? Part of me wants to be really petty and poke him with my chopstick (maybe that's more violent than petty but who's paying attention) but the larger, more rational side is determined to get this 'I love you' out. I do feel hurt by his attitude, though. Not once has he ever ignored me or acted like he wanted to avoid my presence.

Regardless of the way he made me feel, I roll my eyes and mutter in reply, "he can find a different seat. Unless you really don't want me here."

He shrugs and brings a glass of water to his lips. I find myself momentarily distracted by the sight of his Adam's apple bobbing up and down.

Have I mentioned that Namjoon is hot now?

"This is my soon to be step-daughter." Ronald introduces me to an older foreign woman seated across the table and I bow my head in greeting. "Y/n, this is Rhonda, my secretary. Funny, right? Rhonda and Ronald. Tackling office issues together. Today, the office. Tomorrow, the world."

Ronald, I'm learning to love you, but your lame ass has got to stop. I force out a chuckle but it goes completely unnoticed thanks to Jin, who, having heard Ronald's terrible joke, is overtaken by the loudest, squeakiest laughter. At least someone thought it was funny. Jin...seated at the other end of the table and no where near Namjoon. The fuck? I begin turning on this traitorous butthole (Namjoon) but am stopped short by Rhonda asking how old I am.

"Seventeen?" she parrots my answer. "I have a son your age. He's around here somewhere. You might go to the same school."

Oh, hell.

Sorry, Rhonda-ssi, I have a feeling you won't ever be a grandmother, cause I think I just kneed your nasty son in the balls.

Actually...I'm not sorry.

Fuck you, Rhonda!

....Oh my god why am I so violent today.

And wait a second. What does Ronald do for work, again? He...he...he...wears a suit. And the stupidest bow ties ever...and carries a brief case....he works...in...an...office...

You could dangle my whole family over a pit of lava and I would not be able to tell you what Ronald does.

In response to Rhonda, I nod in pretend interest. After while she gets caught up in conversation elsewhere so I take the opportunity to nag at Namjoon, who has taken to pretending I don't exist. It's the weirdest thing ever.

"Why are you mad at me?" I mutter so that no one else can listen in. Namjoon turns and displays a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes.

"I'm not mad." he says in a voice that indicates that he is mad, but wants to be salty and hold it against me rather than talking it through.