Chapter 5

Error's POV

I was currently surrounded by darkness, kind of like my anti-void... except it was black instead of white. I was just sitting there, I didn't really know where I was nor why I was here. 

Hello Error!

Long time no see!

Great to see your doing well.

Got yourself into quite a pickle haven't ya.

I slightly jumped at the startle the voices gave me. I thought the voices were gone or left me alone. I hadn't heard then ever since the truce with Ink... so why now? "What do you want?" I said in a tone of annoyance. 

Error we wanted to say sorry...

Ya! were sorry Error...

Let's start over!

Can we start over Error?

I want to start over too!

can we please start over?

I was shocked and taken back by the voices words. 'They was to start over? how do I know they aren't lying...' They did sound really sincere... but they hurt me and said mean things to me... why should I believe them? "And give me one good reason why I should believe your words?" 

You don't have to believe us...

We just wanted to apologize...

I'm so sorry Error!

I wouldn't except my apology either...

We won't beg for your forgiveness...

We don't deserve it...

"..." I had no words. They were actually apologizing and really want to start over. I can't forget the things they did to me... but maybe... i should forgive...

"Okay, I believe you... and I guess... I also forgive you." I said, a smile on my face as i felt better that the voices were now my friends. "but I need you to answer one question for me..."

What is it?

We'll answer it!

Ask away!

As long as it gets you to forgive us!

What is your question?

"I just want to know...why?" I paused for a moment before continuing, "Why wasn't Ink informed of the balance?" I have been wondering this question for years. 'Why wasn't Ink informed of the balance? If he was, many a destroyer wouldn't have been needed.

O-oh

We tried

Ya we tried to tell him... but we never got through to him

Ink never listened to us

But you got through to him!

Ya you got through to him!

"I got through to him?" I asked myself in a low whisper, "yeah, I guess i did" I finished speaking, smiling at the thought. "Now that that's out of the way. Were are we exactly?" I asked.

Oh we are in your dream

This was the only way to reach you

We can only talk to you while your asleep