Stage Thirty-Five

Tammy

He stops mid cut of his tomatoes

He stops mid cut of his tomatoes. Slowly looking back at me doing a once over.

"Répète."

Maybe a week after getting back from Paris I got really sick and whined up going to the doctor. When they told me I was pregnant I went through a few different emotions.

Fear....yes this is my second child but shit having kids is no walk in the park.

Anger....I thought back on all the alcohol I had at the dinner party even though I didn't know about my baby I still could've caused some type of harm to him or her.

Sadness....chase and I had basically just broken up I felt like I was going to go through this all over again by myself.

Of course I told my mom right away broke down everything to her. She basically begged me to tell chase right then and there but I just couldn't. The feelings were still fresh I knew if I went back so soon I'd only be weakening myself for a man once again and I never want to go back down that. She understood and showed once more why she is the worlds greatest mother coming to all my appointments and of course trying to get me to tell Chase about our child.

My mom is my true best friend and always has been. She gives it to me straight but never in a way I would hate her afterwards unlike winter. I don't know what got into her today but we'll have to talk sometime soon.

Pulling the ultrasound picture from my purse I slide it to him nervously. I've had plenty of scenarios play in my head how this exact moment would go all from the worst possible to the best. I just sat quietly as he picked up the picture.

Looking back at me he pulls me up hugging my body so tight to his. "Your having my baby?"

"Yes...in about 8-7 more months." A tear sat at the bridge of my eyes.

Taking my face he kisses me gently pressing us against the counter top. My knees felt weak almost buckling under me. A few peaks in he gets down kissing my stomach rubbing my sides.

"Hé petit ... c'est papa." His open hand planted on my stomach. "You and your sisters and mommy are my everything I love you so much and can't wait to meet you."

Ok so this was defiantly the best scenario. I'm standing here crying like a crazy person while we stand in this kitchen him hugging my stomach. Finally standing I'm met with his lips again. Smiling I wipe his face. "Aw babe."

"Your having my baby.....my child is growing inside you right now. WOOO!!" He starts punching the air jumping around. "I can't believe this oh my god."

I couldn't help my laughs watching him lose his mind. Letting out a scream I frantically hold onto his shoulders when he lifts me spinning. You would've thought this was his first kid.

"I'm sorry I kept this from you but I just didn't know know how to tell you after everything."

"No its ok I understand. This is incredible oh my god...I hope we have a boy." He went back to touching my stomach.