Stage Seven

Dream(Tammy)

Another tip slides into my one piece as I hand a couple a men their drinks

Another tip slides into my one piece as I hand a couple a men their drinks. They all had rings on making me reject any passes they made. I never understood why married ones come to places like this it's surrounded with nothing but temptation why put yourself in the lions den when you know you made a commitment to someone else forever. But that's just me and my broken heart drowned in lies by a unfaithful nigga. I need to get over this dude seriously.

I went back to the bar starting on a new drink that was just ordered from one of the girls. One of the waiter girls picks it up leaving me to start getting my station together.

"So what that just it with you two?" Winter sat drinking on the Long Island I made her. The club was getting ready to close so it wasn't to many coming up for drinks.

She came up for a surprise visit to see me in my new home and also just to check in. It's been just a few days since that night. Chase did apologize again and tried to explain himself but I'm not ready yet. I have to mentally prepare to get this stupid thought of us together crushed right in front of me. If I would've just laid back let this be strictly about the girls I wouldn't have got caught up like this. And it's nothing new for me when it comes to problems like this avoiding them as much as I can...it's what I do best.

"Gabby and Hope are still gonna be best friends I'm just gonna back off. You should've seen how his mom and babymomma looked at me. I just felt so judged then he comes at me about working at another club and...." sighing I wipe down a previous customers glass putting it with the other clean ones.

"You must really like him to stress this much. If anyone else was to say something about your choice of work it's brushed off like nothing." She frowns looking over me.

"Well yeah I do like him and respect his opinion on me."

"So why are you treating him like another Gabe. I've only met this guy once but I can already tell he's nothing like that other dick. You don't think his concern was real and not just him coming at you."

"It's not even that I know Chase is nothing like Gabe I noticed that the day we met. I don't know it just hurt a little hearing him question me like this is below me and I should be doing something better but I'm not. Or just seeing his mom and Hope's mom their both so snobby and stuck up....he'd never want to belittle himself by being with me."

Winter pouts holding my hand reaching over wiping a stray tear. Damn hormones!

But yeah that's the truth I'm scared. Chase is the first guy who after finding out my job didn't run the other way, judge me or try to get something from me. I thought he would be different. Now I just feel like a charity case. Save the pretty girl from a bad lifestyle give her a whole new one.

"You do not need to be comparing yourself to either of those woman because from what you told me about your first encounter I wouldn't want to be around you at all if you were anything like them. And maybe that's something he likes about you why he keeps you around not just for his daughter to have someone to play with. Your different and that's good."