Stage Five

Chase

Tying the apron around her waist I lay a gentle and innocent kiss on her cheek

Tying the apron around her waist I lay a gentle and innocent kiss on her cheek. Turning her lips meet my cheek.

"Daddy help me please." Hope comes over with her small chefs hat undone.

"Mommy what are we making?" Gabby asked.

"Pizza babe remember. Since you girls both did good on the test you had at school this is a personal pizza slumber party for just us."

Our beautiful smarty pants here both got a 100% in a test they individually got in school so I put up this idea. They can't seems to get enough of each other always calling after school. I just love seeing how happy she is with her new best friend. And...spending all this time with Tammy has been great as well.

Things with us are steadily moving in a friendly pace. I decided with Gabe being an ass she needs all the support she can get. He has yet to make any effort with that threat he made which I'm not surprised about. It was just an emotional thing to say since he knows how much gabby means to her. I know personally if Hope's mother ever threaten to take my love away from me it would be war.

"Ok girls let's check everything off. First things first....pajamas?"

"Check!" They had matching Disney princess onesies.

"Pizza ingredients?" Tammy said picking up the pack of pizza dough.

"Check!"

"How about dessert do we have the cake and ice cream?"

"Yes!" They both jumped laughing. It was a beautiful sight.

"Alright let's get started. Tammy if you would cue some cooking music for us please."

She does a courtesy giggling picking up her phone that is connected to the wireless speaker I have. Her hips swing as the music from a movie the girls are familiar with starts up. She dances back over to us bumping my hip on the way.

"Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin'
Full time to floatin'
Under the sea"

The girls held hands dancing. "You guys are suppose to help us."

"Oh sorry hope daddy. I wanna put the sauce on with lots and lots of cheese." Hope smiled.

I prepared the dough with gabby while Tammy and Hope cut up toppings. Every other second I'd look up at them laughing.

"Mr Chase why do you keep looking at my mommy?" Gabby asked rolling the dough around.

"Well um...your mommy is very pretty." Might as well be honest. Children are way smarter than us adults are willing to admit.

"I know she's says I'm pretty to all the time." She smiles up at me.