Stage Thirty-Four

Chase

My therapist was right

My therapist was right. I've gotten comfortable giving Tammy space. If I want my family I need to start acting like it. First things first being honest with myself and why I became a totally different person in Paris. Tammy deserves much more than what she saw. I need to do some serious self searching to become the man she met me as.

Pulling up to my home I for a second thought I was seeing stuff. She hasn't really changed but after two almost three months I'm just in awe all over again like it's the first time. Seeing my car she touches her stomach taking a visible deep breath before getting back in her car.

As I turn off my car her mother steps out.

"Ms Robinson is everything ok?"

"Yes honey everything is fine it's just uh Hope wanted to be with you." She hugs me touching my cheek. This is all I wanted from my mother but she was busy trying to pass me off to love me.

"Is she ok?" I look behind her to hope knocking on the window and Tammy saying something to her.

"Just another storm caused by winter." She rolls her eyes.

Winter has done a huge turn with me. You would think I hurt her and not Tammy. Looking back Hope gets out running to me.

"Daddy I wanna stay here with you."

"What about mommy and gabby?" I see Tammy watching us but she looks away seeing me.

"That mean white lady keeps coming over and saying mean things about you. I don't like her."

Picking her up I approach Tammy car. Knocking on the window she waits a while before rolling it down.

"You mind if she stays with me."

"That's fine." She avoids eye contact.

"I wanna stay with daddy to!" Gabby peaks from the back seat. "Mommy come on."

"Um mommy has some things to do but I'll come back to get you."

"Actually I wanted to talk...Tammy." She starts up her car. "Baby please."

"Can you not do that in front of them."

Finally looking at me her eyes glossing over making her cheeks catch a pink color. I love this women so much and hurt her like I don't give a damn about her.

"I just want to talk explain myself as best as I can. I miss you."

"Chase please." Her hands grip the wheel.

"You know those frozen tickets shouldn't go to waste. I'll take the beauties and you two be adults it's been long enough."

Smiling I open Tammy door.

"Mom-"

"Tammy get out and go talk to your fiancé you two have a lot to talk about. Go on."

Everyone climbs back in the car with me and Tammy watching as they drive off. She looks at me rolling her eyes walking off on her phone.