Stage Thirty-Two

Tammy

Thanking the bartender I sip on my sixth glass of wine

Thanking the bartender I sip on my sixth glass of wine. My very first banquet...probably my last as well. It started out great chase gave this beautiful speech on his fathers behave. His love for his father is so foreign to me and yet I want it so bad. I've only dreamed of being able to call my father a hero to tell others how he helped me become the woman I am. Well I can say that much him being absent I'm sure has rounded off plenty of decisions I've made through out my life.

The food was great there was a performance that was amazing. I don't know exactly the point where I became invisible happened but apparently I've become even more of an outsider. Chase was pulled away from me the moment he stepped off that stage. People left and right coming from wall to wall praising him and his father. I stuck around at first but then I slowly started to get pushed further and further from him and he doesn't seem to have noticed yet. Oh but you best believe Vivian has kept her spot in his eye sight. The bitch done problem elbowed a few people to keep her thirsty ass right where she wants to be.

At this very moment she's right up under him touching his arm and chest laughing like a retarded hyena on speed. I know for a fact he's not that damn funny. I feel like a outsider here men keep trying to talk to me women are constantly mugging on me. To be honest I wish I stayed home chase clearly doesn't need me anymore. I'm sure he doesn't even notice I'm not with him anymore.

From my seat at the bar I see him sipping on a glass and miss Valerie goes wipes his mouth with her ugly add thumb.

"Can I get four shot anything is fine." A guy sits next to me. Wish I knew they did shots I would've had that instead of these weak wine glasses. "Here looks like you need these to." He slides two my way.

Shrugging I take them back flawlessly. "Thank you."

"No problem so what's got you down. I'll admit I was a little nervous coming over here since it looked like you are trying to kill someone with your eyes." He smiles.

"No nothing like that just uh ready to go." I laugh nervously.

"I saw you came in with the man of the hour and yet that bimbo is all over him. She looks like a damn lost puppy following him all around this ball room."

We both watch him talking with people oblivious to Vicky hanging on him like a loose thread. Or maybe he does know and is just letting this happen. Would he really openly disrespect me on this level?

"I can't even give you any kind of explanation for what's going on here. My fiancé is acting as if I'm invisible."

I felt the tears but kept them at brim. I'm not sure where we hit this path but I don't like how it's looking it will end. This is not my chase not my fiancé.